As I Lay Dying

Spencer was lying wide awake in her bed frowning as a tear fell from her eyes. She got up from her bed and walked out of her room. She stopped by Melissa’s room and looked at her. She was peacefully sleeping. Then she goes in parents bedroom, looks around and leaves.

Damon’s here, “That'll get easier.” Spencer looked away, “But you knew that.”

“What do you want?” Spencer asked.

Damon looked at her and said, “I want to apologize.”

“Damon…”

“Please.” Damon said, “Spencer, feeding you my blood, I was wrong.”

Spencer looked at him, “Yes, you were.”

“And I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but... I need it.”

Spencer sighed, “And I need some time, maybe a lot of time.”

“Sure.” Damon furrowed his eyebrows but nodded, “Of course, take all the time you need.”

*

At the Salvatore house, Damon takes a bottle of scotch and pours himself a drink. He opens the curtains, drinks some scotch and then takes off his ring. He opens his arms and his skin burns but Stefan arrives and pushes him out of the sunlight. Damon groaned, “Get off of me.”

“You're not doing this.” Stefan said calmly.

“Just did.” Damon said, “You know what happened to Rose, Stefan.”

“I don't care.” Stefan gritted his teeth, “You're not dying today.” He uses his super speed and throws him in the cellar and closes the door.

“What's the plan, Superman?” Damon asked.

“I'm gonna find a way out of this.”

“Oh, right.” Damon rolled his eyes, “A miracle cure. Good luck with that one.”

“I got Bonnie looking for something, anything.”

“Always the hero, Stefan.” Damon said, “Just tell me good-bye, get it over with.” He coughs some blood.

“Lie still.” Stefan said, “Conserve your strength.” He leaves.

*

In the woods, Klaus wakes up, naked. He looks at the sun and smiles. Someone throws him some clothes. He turns his head. Elijah’s here, “You've been busy.”

“That was amazing.” Klaus smirked, “How long has it been?”

“Almost 2 days.” Elijah said, “Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf.”

Klaus gets dressed, “I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill.”

“Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way.”

Klaus looked at Elijah and smirked, “Just like old times, brother.”

“You've had your fun.” Elijah said, “I believe we have a bargain.”

“That's right.” Klaus nodded, “Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family.”

“You gave me your word, Niklaus.”

“What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me.”

“I could have.” Elijah said, “But I didn't.” Elijah helps Klaus put on his jacket.

“And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah.” Klaus said, “All is forgiven.”

“Where are they?” Elijah asked.