Daddy Issues

Author's Note: Oh My Gosh! Hasn't even been 24 hours and I am uploading! Yay me.

Caroline leaves her house out and locks the door. She turns around to find Tyler waiting by her car, “Hey. How's it going?”

“We need to talk.”

“Yeah, we do. Listen… I’ve been thinking about it, and I don’t want to over analyze. It was just one kiss, but Matt’s still kind of in the picture. We can’t go there, Tyler.” Caroline said.

“Fine.”

Caroline frowned but nodded, “Great. That’s settled.” She walks toward her car/

“What happened to my uncle Mason?”

“What?”

“He’s dead, and I want you to tell me what happened.”

“I… I don’t…”

“Then let me tell you: Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you.” Tyler said.

“Who told you that?”Caroline asked.

“Is it true?”

Caroline stammered, “Let me explain.”

“Did you know he was dead this whole time?” Tyler raised his voice.

“Please...”

“Did you know?!”

She nods, and Tyler pushes her angrily against her car. “I’m sorry, Tyler. I’m sorry.”

“I trusted you!” He yelled. He eventually lets her go and leaves Caroline, stunned and upset.

*

Damon is in his bathroom, in the shower. He’s listening to the news, and walks into his bedroom to watch. A blonde woman, the news reporter, Andie Star said, “The authorities believe last night’s assailant may also be related to the missing campers and Park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25 year old Jessica Koenig, reported missing this morning. The sheriff department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made.”

*

John is in the kitchen, watching the same news channel on TV. Elena enters the room, “Good morning.”

“What are you doing here?” Elena asked.

“Coffee?” John asked.

“We’re not doing that.” Elena said, “We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?”

“I’m here to protect you and most of all Spencer. That’s all I can say for the moment.”

“What do you mean that’s all you can say?”

“I’ll tell you more when I’m convinced I can trust you.”

Jenna and Alaric enter the room. Jenna notices John's presence before Alaric does, “I'm late.”

“That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!” Alaric chuckled.

“What the hell?” Jenna said looking at John.

“Good morning to you, Jenna.” John said, “Alaric…”

“It’s okay I’m confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever.” Jenna rolled her eyes.

“Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in.”

“You know, I'm probably just gonna take off.” Alaric said. He looks at Elena and leaves.