Homecoming

At the Boarding House, Stefan calls Klaus. Klaus said, “Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people it is literally a breading ground for werewolves.”

Stefan took a deep breath, “Your father is dead.”

Klaus pauses, “What did you say to me?”

“Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael.” Stefan said, “Daggered.” He sighed, “What do you want me to do with the body?”

“Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened.”

Flashback

One hour earlier, at the Salvatore House. Stefan, Elena, Spencer and Damon are standing in the parlor.

“Aye- let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here.” Stefan said, “He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait.”

“And you what? Vervained him?” Spencer asked.

“No!” Damon said, “We vervained him! This guy is an original.” Damon shrugged, “To make it realistic.”

“Okay, fine.” Stefan sad, “We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger.”

“Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead...” Spencer said.

“We drove it through his heart.” Stefan completed.

“And what happens when he asks to see Mikael´s body?” Elena asked.

“Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him- last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied.” Damn said.

“Well, don't look at me I am just in charge of getting him back here.” Stefan shrugged.

“Klaus is smart, if we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof.” Spencer said.

“Then I shall be dead.” Mikael said walking inside.

“What if he wants to see you in person?” Spencer crossed her arms across her chest.

“Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body.” Mikael said, “You lure him here- and I will kill him.”

“With what? Those daggers won't work on him.” Stefan said.

“Well, I´m in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned.”

“Where is it?” Stefan asked.

“Not here.” Mikael said, “The knowing of its location is my insurance policy.”

“Against what?” Stefan asked.

“You leaving this in my heart.” Mikael said, “You see, a vampire can´t dagger an original without dying.” Mikale looked ta Elena and Spencer, “So- it falls to either of you.”

Elena and Spencer looked at each other.

“Which one?” Mikael asked.

“Spencer,” Stefan said.

“Spencer,” Damon said at the same time.

Spencer looked at them, “Wow, thanks guys.”

Stefan shrugged, “You are tougher.”

Elena snorted but shrugged.

Mikael hands over the dagger to Spencer.