We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes

Spencer is sitting cross legged in front of her mother's grave. She has a bottle of beer in her hand. She is looking at the sky as she takes a sip from the bottle.

"I thought I'd find you here," Stefan said. "I remember how I found you here after Elli died."

Spencer looked at him with raised eyebrows and just looked at the grave again. Then she said in a low voice, "That was months ago."

Stefan looked at her and sat next to her cross legged as well. "It's 6AM Spencer." He looked at her, "Are you okay?"

Spencer scoffed, "No," she looked at him and shook his head, "I am not okay." She took a deep breath, "How am I supposed to be okay, Stefan? I don't know what I am doing, I just-" She put her face in her hands.

Stefan put his arms around her and she leaned on his shoulder, "I know this is hard, I know." He said, "But we'll figure it out together." Spencer looked at him, "That's what friends do."

"Stefan, I don't know how this is gonna end but"-

"I will never ever leave you behind, I will help you. I will hold your hand through it like you always have." He smiled, "I promise."

Spencer smiled and brushed off the tears that had involuntarily fallen from her eyes. She hugged him and smiled.

Spencer looked ahead but asked Stefan, "Do you think I was unfair to Elena?"

Stefan said, "Somehow, I think that she deserved it. I don't know who she ahs become, spencer. I don't want this life for her."

Suddenly Spencer's phone which was lying on the ground between her and Stefan started ringing, flashing Toby's name. Stefan looked at it and frowned. He gestured towards it and looked at Spencer, "Why are you ignoring the poor guy?"

"I just don't know what to say to him after that day," Spencer said. "I don't know what to tell him, Stefan."

Stefan narrowed his eyes, "Spencer, stop running away from him." He looked at her, "Give him a chance."

Spencer rolled her eyes. "Let's just go home." She got up and picked up the three bottles of beer that were lying around her and walked away.

*

Elena lies in her bed, she is breathing hard and can't seem to get to sleep. She gets up and goes to the kitchen. She places a glass of milk in the microwave and warms it up.

Connor is standing there, "Can't sleep?"

Elena turns around frightened, but sees no one there. The microwave beeps, making Elena jump. She opens the door and takes the cup out. She turns around and sees Connor leaning on the counter. She gasps scared.

"You know it makes sense; guilty conscience." Connor smirked.

"You're not here." Elena said, "I'm – I've got to be dreaming."

Connor arched his eyebrows, "And how do you know that I'm not here?" He starts walking towards Elena. Elena walks backwards, trying to keep distance between them.

"Because you're..."

"Go on, say it."

"Because you're dead."

"Yes, I am." Connor said, "Was that the first time that you've taken a human life?"

"You're a ghost. That's gotta be it. You're a ghost, that's what's happening right now." Elena gaps and looks at the stairs, "Jer...Jeremy. Jeremy!"