PART 16 🥰

sorry i just realized i switched alex to adam half way through 😭

"Hey Kairi?"

Kairi looked up from his worksheet to the girl who sat in front of them. Their desks were situated in groups of four so he's gotten pretty close to his desk mates.

"What's up Vic?" He asked nonchalantly as he twirled his pencil in between the spaces of his fingers.

"Is it...true that you're dating Alvaro?" She questioned, genuinely curious.

Kairi's face dropped.

He looked at the other people sitting at the table, which happened to seat Taylor and Hunter. And since him and Hunter shared the same lunch table they mirrored each other's confused and shocked facial expressions.

He looked back towards Vic. "Pa-pardon?"

She grinned sheepishly as she briefly looked towards Taylor before looking back at Kairi. "A rumor has been going around. I guess it's because you guy have gotten really close and....I don't know. It's weird." Her eyes flickered around the room in awkwardness.

Kairi's face suddenly hardened in defensiveness, his eyes sharpening as he stared down the nervous blonde in front of him, his sudden demeanor wasn't towards her directly but the words that left her mouth.

"That makes no sense. Alvaro got beat up for outing Mattia and now all of a sudden he's dating a guy? Really?" He asked harshly, his words coming out like daggers.

Honestly, how naive could people be here?

Vic and Taylor's eyes widened just the slightest just as Hunter slapped Kairi on the arm.

"Don't shoot the messenger." Vic mumbled before looking between the two boys who were now conversing with each other.

Kairi didn't even know what "shooting the messenger" meant.

"Dude you can't just say that!" Hunter whispered through gritted teeth.

Kai tilted his head and crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah I can. Everybody already knows what happened so me saying that won't do anything."

Hunter only groaned before dropping his head onto the desk, resulting in a loud bang to echo throughout the room. Not that anyone besides them could hear it because of the loud chatter that was happening around them. What a pain.

"You're going to be the death of us." Hunter added after a couple of moments, his voice being muffled by the desk.

"Stop being over dramatic." Kairi suddenly looked back towards Vic with a blank face, his sudden change of aura throwing the girl off. "Do you know who started the rumor?" He asked softly.

The weird contrast between Kairi's hostile body language and soft voice made Vic pause for a moment as she tried to collect her thoughts.

"I-um..." She cleared her throat. "Uh yeah....Alex I'm pretty sure."

Kairi only furrowed his eyebrows.

"The tall guy with the shaved head at Mattia's table." Vic added.

The boy's mouth parted in realization.

"What the fuck happened yesterday? At your guys soccer practice? I've been hearing about it but for some reason no one wants to let us know the details."

That was the guy who had that smug and cocky tone to his voice that Kairi did not enjoy.

He frowned before looking down at his half completed worksheet. Of course it would be him to start such a dumb rumor.