CHAP 6 🥰

"Hey. Kairi right?"

The said boy looked up to see a familiar looking boy sitting down at the desk beside him.

"Yeah that's me.....um sorry but what's your name again. I kinda forgot." Kairi admitted sheepishly making the (very tall) boy laugh.

"That's alright. I never fully introduced myself so I didn't expect you to know. It's Robert." The teen extended his hand out and Kai looked at it for a couple of seconds before taking it with a big smile.

"Robert." Kairi repeated, smiling at how easily the name rolled off his tongue. "That's a nice name!" He complimented making Robert grin at him.

"Thanks! I like your name too."

Kairi blushed lightly, he couldn't help it as he wasn't used to getting complimented all the time. But it seemed to happen a lot at this school.

"So-" Robert started as he grabbed a pencil from his backpack before dropping it onto his desk. "How's school been so far?" He asked and the smaller boy immediately shrugged.

"It's been pretty good so far. Everyone's really nice." Kai said honestly, because it was true. Everybody he's met so far have been really kind to him, which he really appreciated.

Especially since he heard rumors in Japan that American kids were rude and didn't care for other people that were different from them.

This had really scared Kairi.

But he was never one to judge a book by its cover. So he came to the states—to this school—with good expectations and was not disappointed.

Well....he kinda was but he would let that situation play out and see how things went.

"That's good. I'm glad. But...just to let you know—and I don't say this to scare you or make you change your mind or anything—but you're definitely going to come across some bad people here Kairi. Especially since you..." Robert looked around the classroom before leaning in so that he was closer to Kairi's ear.

"Hang around Mattia and Alejandro. Just-just be careful. Me and the others really like you and we don't want to see you get hurt, alright?" He said, genuine concern laced in his words.

The older boy couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows in confusion and agitation. It seemed like everyone knew something about Mattia, Alejandro, and their group besides him. They all seemed like nice people so Kairi didn't understand what made people so afraid.

He wanted to know what it was that made them so scary.

"But...why?" He asked, not caring if he sounded desperate.

Robert only shook his head before leaning away from the wasian. "I can't talk about it here...do you think you would be able to eat lunch with us again?"

Kairi let out a breath before nibbling on his bottom lip. "I would have to ask Mattia and them first." He replied making Robert look at him cautiously.

"Okay.....well. If they say no that's perfectly fine, I'll just tell you about it some other time."

Kairi's facial expression suddenly turned into one of determination as he crossed his arms together, the sound of the bell ringing almost drowning out the loud chatter that filled the classroom.

"They won't."
—————

"Hey guys?" Kairi suddenly cut his friends off, his cheeks flushing when the immediately looked over at them with similar questioning expressions on their faces.

"Um...I was just wondering—I mean I just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting at Roberts table today." Kairi said, the confidence leaving his voice with every word he said.