Chapter 10

I've been on guard at the firehouse for two weeks now. They are each time 24 hours shifts, with two days off afterwards. Renee has come by several times, she's really starting to get on my nerves. Today, Monday morning, we just finished a shift and I'm meeting Kelly at his apartment.

As soon as we get back to his apartment, I take off his jacket. I move his face towards mine, kissing him in a long, passionate kiss. I move to the bed and he reduces the space between us, pressing his lips to mine. I bite his lower lip. He moves his lips along my jaw and over my neck. I push his chest and he looks at me. I take off my top and throw it to the side. I unbutton his shirt and he kisses me gently. He steps back, takes his shirt and throws it to the side. He puts one hand on my cheek and looks at me "I love you Malia". My heart beats so fast when I see the intensity of his look "I love you Kelly", I respond by kissing his lips.

He kisses my neck, steps back and looks into my eyes. I take his hand and lead us to the bathroom. I take off my jeans and underwear, Kelly does the same. Turning on the shower, I go inside. Kelly enters and closes the shower door behind him, he rubs his body and starts gently cleaning mine. I melt at his touch. Turning me over, he passes the washcloth along my neck and over my breasts. Kissing my neck, he passes it between my legs. "Oh Kel" I moan as I hold him while my legs turn to jelly.

He lifts me up and I lower my hand and grasp his erection "slowly and steadily". Kelly looks at me "always" he says as he gently penetrates me. The next few minutes were pure happiness and lots of whining. He drops his head in my neck and moves a little faster, he's about to come. Kel kisses my lips passionately before shaking and moaning in my mouth. He rests me on the shower floor. We finish washing each other before wiping each other off and heading to his bed.

As he lies down, I straddle him. I see his eyes fill with passion and desire. The next few hours were full of different positions, lots of moaning and countless kisses.

We spend Tuesday and Wednesday together. On Thursday, we have a new shift. When I wake up, I feel a little nauseous. It is at the time of the breakfast that it starts. The smell of Kel's coffee completely disgusts me. I run to the bathroom. I vomit and I can feel Kelly pulling my hair up. He runs his hand behind my back. I feel like I'm not going to throw up anymore so I grab my toothbrush and clean my teeth. Kelly stands behind me and puts her arms around my waist. "Is that better?" he asks, kissing my head. "Yes, I'm better, I just didn't feel very well when I woke up" I answer with a smile. We finish getting ready and go to the station.

I'm with Sylvie by the trucks when I see Kelly with Renee and a little boy. "She's serious, she's bringing her son back now?" I say. "I didn't know her, but from what I've been told, it' s totally her style. Completely manipulative girl. But I don't think you have anything to worry about. Severide only has eyes for you. It's the first time I've ever seen him look at a girl like that" Sylvie informs me. "It's reassuring, thank you, but I wouldn't want to find a new ex every week" I say. The bell rings "ambulance 61, rescue 3, ladder 81, battalion 25".

We arrive on the spot, a car repair building is in flames. With the girls, we are busy giving oxygen masks to the mechanics who have gone out while the rest of us look for the missing mechanic. Several minutes later, the stretcher was brought in when Hermann went out with the mechanic. A firefighter is still missing as the building explodes. The mechanic leaves with another ambulance. The firemen put out the fire and then the chief gives the signal to leave to look for the fireman. Kelly says over the radio that a stretcher can be brought in. Gabby enters the building. A few minutes later they go out but unfortunately the firefighter is dead. Sylvie tells me that her son is playing basketball with one of Hermann's sons.

Saturday is held at Lieutenant Colannino's house a homage. I slept at home last night. When I woke up, just like the previous days, my breakfast ended up in the bathroom. Kelly picks me up and we go together to Colannino's house. There are a lot of firemen there. His poor wife is devastated. I am talking with Kelly in a corner of the room when Carl Grissom comes to see him. From what I remember from my childhood, he is not very nice. He is talking to Kelly and tells him that he is running to replace Director Stetton. I don't say anything but I hope he won't be elected.

On Sundays, I wake up and throw up again. At the briefing, Boden tells us that no one has been found guilty of Colannino's death. "I know that for some people the pain has been in our hearts more than others, but let's keep in mind that we have to protect this city and let's all focus on the task ahead, especially be careful" Boden said. Kelly takes my hand and intertwines our fingers. "Look out for each other as always" the chief concluded.

"Truck 81, ambulance 61 one injured person". At the scene, a tree fell on a little boy. All the firefighters of the truck are trying to reach him to get him out. Hermann gets closer to the little boy, "Hermann, is he reacting?" asks Gabby. "He's breathing but weakly" Hermann answers.

The firefighters hurry to clear the branches. The mother comes running with the driver of the car who had gone to look for her. I keep her away and try to reassure her. They manage to get the little one out of the way and put him on the stretcher. They take him to the ambulance and put the mother in the back seat. So I go with Sylvie to the front.

I'm on my bed in the dorms when I see Stella walk into Kelly's office. She comes out a few minutes later. I get up from my bed to go to the bathroom, I walk past Kelly's desk when he grabs my arm. He closes the door of his desk behind me, draws the curtain and kisses me. It's getting a little warmer when we knock on the door. Good way to destroy the mood. I give him one last kiss and he opens the door. As luck would have it, it's Renée. She has really decided to ruin my life this one.

"They told me to come knock on your door, I hope I'm not disturbing, I'm Renee, an old friend of Kelly's" she says, holding out her hand. I shake her hand. "Yeah, nice to meet you, I'm Malia, Kelly's oldest friend and his girlfriend by the way" I say with a hypocritical smile. Kelly squeezes my hand. "Nice to meet you Malia, I wanted some information about the refinery file but I can come back another time if I ever need to" she says. I cut it off, "absolutely not, I'll leave it all to you". I walk out of the office without looking at Kelly to make him understand that this story won't have to last long.

I'm taking inventory of the ambulance with Gabby when I see Kel and Renee leaving. She keeps touching his arm when she talks. She doesn't know the living space, that is not possible.

The rest of the shift goes on quietly. Luckily we don't have any major interventions during the night.

On Monday morning I feel nauseous. I go to the toilet to vomit. It's been happening to me for five days in a row, I have to cover something, it's not possible.

At the end of the shift, an hour later, I'm with Kelly in the locker room. "I have two messages about Grissom" Kelly tells me. "I know he's important to you but personally I don't like the guy at all. He was one of the firefighters who responded to my house fire when I was a little girl. And even though he certainly can't help it, for me he will always be partly responsible for the death of my family" I say. Kelly hugs me. "I know you don't like him and I understand your reasons completely. But I still can't ignore everything this guy has done for me. I probably wouldn't be able to be in rescue 3 without him," he says. "Kelly, you are where you are today because of you and only you. You don't owe your place to anyone but yourself. Tonight I'm going to take your mind off it. I'm going to take you to a nice little bar, you'll see" I tell him. "Do you mind if we go there around 9 o'clock, I have to go see Renee so we can discuss the case, Kelly replies. "Ok, no worries, it doesn't make you feel weird to see her again, we don't have to talk about it but " I'll start. "Yeah it's a little weird, it's true, but it was a long time ago" he adds. "And the past is the past?" I want to make sure. "It's ancient history" Kelly answers. "Perfecto" I say.