Chapter 26

Kelly stops the car in front of a house. He opens the back door of the car. He unlocks Jaxon from his car seat and places him in the baby carrier. I then get out of the car. I follow Kelly. He approaches the front door of the house in front of which we stopped and takes a key from his pocket with which he opens the door.

I look at him amazed and follow him inside. I barely closed the door when I hear "surprise".

I turn around and see most of our friends from the hospital and all of the members of Barracks 51.

"Kelly what's going on?" I ask him. He looks at me all smiles and says "welcome home".

I look at him with my mouth half open, I lost my words. I need several seconds before recording what Kelly has just said. "Is it serious?" I ask, dropping a tear that I prevent myself from wiping. "Completely serious" Kelly assures me.

"But since when?" I ask. "Don't worry, I'll have plenty of time to explain it to you" Kelly says before kissing me. Then he places his hand on the small of my back and walks me forward into what appears to be the living room.

They all hug me one after the other and of course Jaxon is the star of the day. You only have to see his little smile, how not to melt.

In the early evening, when the last guest has just left, I remove Jaxon from the baby carrier and take him in my arms. "Kelly, I believe Jaxon and I now have the right to a tour of our new home," I say looking at Kelly all smiles.

Kelly laughs before showing me around the house. It is decorated as I would have thought. The ground floor has an entrance which leads directly to the living room adjoining a semi-open kitchen. There is also a bedroom with bathroom, as well as a toilet and a garage.

Then the first floor includes an office and three bedrooms. The first bedroom is very simple, the second is Jaxon's. It is made exactly as we had planned "oh Jaxon , look at your beautiful room, you will be very well here my little heart". The last is the master bedroom which has an adjoining bathroom and a dressing room. There is also another bathroom upstairs.

The house is really beautiful. And for the first time in two months, I fall asleep in the same bed as Kelly in his arms with our son in the room next door.

At the beginning of the following week, we went to Benny's house to empty it because it had been sold. Kelly wanted to go on his own but there was no way I would let him do this without anyone's help. So, we went with Jaxon who was kind as a heart spending a lot of the time sleeping in his pram.

The rest of the week, Kelly is busy with an arson suspect in a hair salon. I can see it works him. It kept him busy all week, whether on duty or off.

He even goes to Benny's cabin, thinking of finding clues about the fire in the living room. While he's been gone for a while, he calls me. "Malia, I have found new elements. I'm leaving Benny's cabin there and I'm going to go to Boden's. I know Jaxon is already in bed but give him a kiss for me. Don't wait for me to go to bed, I'll be home late" Kelly informs me.

"No worries. He's already in bed but I'll give him a kiss from his daddy. Watch out for you Kelly, I love you" I say before we hang up.

I wake up during the night to hear Jaxon crying. Kelly is in bed, I must have fallen asleep before he came home. My little boy needs his whey and goes back to sleep like a little heart.

In the morning Kelly leaves for his shift while I take care of our little one.

During the day, when I have just managed to calm Jaxon who gave us a little crisis, I receive a message from Matt who informs me that Kelly has been put on leave by Boden.

Kelly does not come home until a few hours later. I really feel that this matter is occupying his whole mind.

The next evening, he goes to Molly's to discuss the matter with Casey while I take care of Jaxon. I can't wait for this story to be over so that he can move on. Fortunately, he was able to spend the day with us. I think spending the day with Jaxon really changed his mind.

Finally, he found the manager on Saturday. She was one of the witnesses to Benny's affair, it turns out she was the one setting the fire. Unfortunately, she is on the run. Very reassuring to know that an arsonist is roaming free in our streets, ready to set fire wherever she wants.

On Wednesday, while on call, Kelly calls me to tell me to be careful because the arsonist has just carried out a murder by burning someone.

The Thursday after his custody, he calls me "I'm going to go with Stella to see her ex-husband". "Okay but Kelly be careful please. Jaxon would like to see his daddy tonight" I ask him. "I promise you, I love you" Kelly answers me before hanging up.

He texts me a few hours later to tell me that she has been arrested. When he returns to the apartment at the end of the evening, he announces to me "prepare a bag, we are going to spend an evening at the chalet".

I don't know what it takes from him all of a sudden, but I prepare a bag with mostly everything we need for Jaxon.

As we arrive in front of the chalet, I pull Jaxon out of his seat and hug him. "This my big one is granddad's chalet" I tell him smiling at Kelly. Jaxon looks happy because he waves his little hands. We find ourselves sleeping on a bed made on the ground in camping mode in front of the fireplace with Jaxon between us. I am so happy that our little family is united again without problems left and right.

Friday morning Kelly has to take a shift, but instead of dropping us off at the house, I tell him that Jaxon is going to visit his favourite barracks.

While we have just arrived, we witness the chaplain's proposal to Sylvie. And she accepts. I find it crazy but I'm happy for her as long as she's happy that's the main thing.

We are in the common room having a meal when the alarm sounds. Kelly kisses me and gives Jaxon a kiss before rushing to the truck.