Epilogue

*Three years later*

I'm at the emergency office when I see Kelly coming. "Kelly, what are you doing here? Aren't you on call?" I ask.

"I missed my wife," he says with a smile.

"I miss you too. So why did you come? "I asked after we kissed.

"I would like to know how the family we brought this morning is doing," Kelly says.

"Kelly, they're fine, now go away," I say.

"Yes ma'am, see you at home tonight," he says, greeting me.

"Yes, we'll see you there," I say jokingly.

"And remember to take it easy, you look a little tired," he adds before leaving the emergency room.

"No worries," I say, caressing my belly, pregnant with our third child. And yes, I am five months pregnant. Our second child, a little girl with the sweet name Leana Leslie Severide, who is now a little over two years old, was conceived on the evening of Cruz and Chloé's wedding.

The little third one, who is warm in my belly, is a boy. We discovered the sex last week and the whole family is over the moon. Especially Jaxon who wanted to have a brother.

For thirty years I've always been told that a home is four walls and a roof but seeing Kelly leave I know it's two arms and a heartbeat.

And that's it, New Life in Chicago is now over. Thank you for following me on the aventures of Malia.
Thanks to everyone who read the book, voted on, commented on, and added to their reading lists!

I'll see you soon with a new story! Take care of yourself and your loved ones