Chapter [5]

Roxy's PoV

Roxy's PoV

Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live....

I sigh placing my hand on Jasper's shoulder noticing how intense he seemed watching the news, "Are you alright Jazz?"

He breaks his gaze from the TV lowering his head to me, "I'll be okay Darlin," He presses a soft kiss onto my temple brushing loose hair behind my ear.

I offer a small smile reaching for his hand gently entwining mine with his squeezing reassuringly, "You can talk to me you know."

Carlisle picks up the remote switching off the news hearing Edward and Bella enter the room.

"It's getting worse," Carlisle mutters, placing the remote back onto the sleek black coffee table.

Jasper swallow deeply, "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more," He pauses squeezing my hand tightly, "They're undisciplined, conspicuous."

Edward glances at Jasper curiously, his face falling into realisation, "It's newborns."

Bella furrows her eyebrows, "What, like new vampires?"

I nod quietly responding, "Exactly like new vampires, Bella."

Bella offers a look of sympathy.

"The first few months after the change," Jasper explains, "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst."

Emmett winks at Bella, "Something to look forward to."

I shake my head punching Emmett in the shoulder, "Shut up will you."

Jasper looks over at Bella who is becoming more nervous by the second, "Unlike Anna, these newborns haven't been trained, they're wild, no remorse for humanity."

"It's slightly odd though, don't you think," I mumble, "Several months after Victoria's visits dozens of newborns are created."

Carlisle nods, "You're right, it looks like someone's creating an army."

Emmett cracks his knuckles, "Looks like we're definitely going to Seattle now."

Carlisle shakes his head throwing Emmett a stern expression.

Bella's eyes widen her posture turning rigid, "An army of vampires?"