Chapter [4]

Roxy's PoV

"This is nice," Alice smiles sitting on the dull brown sand at the abandoned pier a couple of days later.

I roll my eyes, "It's raining Alice."

Rose grimaces the rain beginning to drench her blonde locks.

"The rain will stop, Annie," Alice stares out at the ocean smiling.

Rose scoffs pulling her wet hair into a high ponytail.

Alice shrugs at Rose before turning to me, "Annie, How are you and Jasper?"

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Have you both forgiven each other," Alice smiles warmly.

I return the smile, "Yeah, we have. We're slowly adjusting back into our relationship."

"Well I for one am glad," Alice chips in happily, "Jazz was moping around without you. It took all of us to get him to hunt regularly."

I sigh, "I never wanted him to feel so lonely and depressed."

Rose places a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Rox don't beat yourself up. It's all in the past now."

"I know but I could have saved his heartbreak by not leaving like I did," I explain, "I would still been human, Jazz and I would be extremely happy. Everything would have been right in the world."

"Rox everything happens for a reason," Rose offers glancing between Alice and I.

"Did you ever have a vision of me being a vampire, Alice?"

Alice nods, "I did Annie. Although what I saw was Jasper changing you after an accident that left you dying."

I look to the sand brushing it around with my hand, "But your visions change based on people's decisions."

Alice nods, "That's true but in that moment the decision was a quick one. We only managed to prevent it since I saw it happen a few moments before and so Jasper was able to make it to you in time."

I blink a few times, "So he always respected my choice to not turn."

Rose smiles, "Of course he did. He loves you so much Rox."

Alice grins, "I did have a recurring vision before I met you though."

I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion, "What was it about?"