Author's Note & Epilogue Info

Hello, everyone!

                I’ve now “finished” Paper Airplane, and I still feel like that hasn’t happened at all – it’s still obviously sinking in.  Also, I have “finished” in quotations because hopefully within the next few days, I’m going to have an epilogue up for you guys.  Something kind of interesting will be happening that y’all might not be expecting, so make sure you stay tuned!  I’ll have it up as soon as possible. 

                I’d also like to address all of your requests for a sequel.  Since Chapter 42 has been posted, that idea is something I have strongly been considering and thinking about, and I’ve finally made a decision: there will NOT be a sequel to Paper Airplane, unfortunately, and I am so so sorry to everyone who really wanted one.  HOWEVER, you have not seen the last of Harry and Lexie (or Brady and Lucy either, for that matter).  I fully intend to write a companion novel/novella/short story, whatever, later on in the year.  When it will come out, I have absolutely no idea yet, but let’s be real: Hexie is going to have too many adventures to NOT keep writing about.  So hopefully you guys are at least sort of satisfied with that!

                I wanted to let you all know something, too.  I just think some of you might find it interesting to know that this entire story was inspired by Demi Lovato’s cover of “That’s How You Know.”  I’ll post a video of it to the side in case you haven’t heard it, but yeah.  One hundred percent, the reason this story even exists is because I was listening to that song one night, and I was like hm, yellow flowers, taking her out dancing, picnic, leaving little notes…all to sort of prove feelings…I can do this.  This will be fun.  Harry Styles would do this.  Yes.  And boom, Paper Airplane was born.  I can’t say that I’ve had really specific moments of inspiration for every story I’ve started and/or finished, but for this story, that was definitely the case. 

                That leads me to this: I’m not going to mark this story complete until after the epilogue and a Q&A is posted!  So if you have ANY questions whatsoever about anything that happened in Paper Airplane, please leave them in the comments below!  You can ask about any moment in the story, including what someone – Harry, for example – was thinking, since the only point of view you guys had was Lexie’s.  You can ask about my experience writing; you can ask how I created Harry’s character (although I’ve explained that several times I think); you can ask about any plot holes you might have noticed that I forgot about, etc.  I’m really excited to continue talking about this story with you guys, so please leave your questions below!  I’ll answer all of them (repeats aside) to the best of my ability!

                Thank you all again for reading this story and for putting up with my ridiculous updating schedule.  One of my New Year’s resolutions is to spend a whole lot more time writing than I have been, and hopefully that means I’ll have more frequent updates for all of my stories.  That being said, friendly reminder that THIS IS NOT MY MAIN ACCOUNT.  My main account is @simmerup (the account that I regularly respond to your comments on…and the account a lot of you have been mistaking for someone who is trying to steal my story haha I mean thanks for letting me know, but yeah, that’s been me the whole time), and THAT is where I’ll be posting stories from here on out.  I mean, at some point soon, I’ll hopefully get to finishing Bandnapped, which is the only other story posted on this account, but if you want to keep up with my writing and current works, I encourage you to go follow that account, as that is where I will be!

                Also, keep an eye out for a handful of Paper Airplane translations that will be on the rise very soon!  I’ll send out a message to all of my fans (on THIS account, not my main one) whenever a translation has been posted, and eventually I’ll probably create a reading list of them all so that they’re easy to find.  But yeah!  That’s exciting; I’ve never had a story translated before, and I’ve suddenly had translation requests pouring in, so it’s great.  If any of you are reading this, thank you again and I’m very excited (if you can’t tell).

                I apologize this author’s note ended up being so wordy, but I feel like it all needed to be said!  Thank you all again, I adore each and every one of you, and I hope 2015 brings you all as much happiness as you guys have brought me in the last four years, and ESPECIALLY with this story.  It’s my first completed One Direction fanfiction, and it’s only my fifth completed work ever, so it’s sort of a big deal for me.  Lots of love (:

Take care, and be kind!

-Carissa xx