42

GUYS THIS IS THE END??? HOW? DID? WE? GET? HERE??? i mean for real though i honestly remember when i was first beginning this story and now it's over and i just what?  WHERE DOES THE TIME GO (does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes)?! i'm sort of emotional. also i stayed up SO FREAKING LATE TO FINISH THIS but i was on a roll and it just happened. anyway, i'd like to thank harry styles, jude law, and heath ledger for making it possible for me to create harry's character, and my parents for giving birth to me, and one direction for existing, AND ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ AND VOTED FOR AND COMMENTED ON THIS STORY BECAUSE WITHOUT YOU I DON'T KNOW THAT I EVER WOULD HAVE GOT BACK INTO WRITING IT AFTER I STOPPED FOR THAT SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.  seriously though, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  you've never stopped making me smile like an idiot since the day i joined this website, and for that i am forever in your debt. i hope you enjoy this final chapter! please let me know what you think of it! and what was your favorite part of the entire story/your favorite moment that hexie had or brady and lucy or whoever?? i truly want to know! xx take care

Chapter Forty-Two

A   M O N T H   A N D   A   H A L F   L A T E R

                I couldn’t count on two hands how many times since being home I’ve found myself feeling like the first three weeks of my summer never happened at all.  It was like the entire thing was beginning to blur, and in my head there was a soft glow around the images and the memories; the conversations and all of the sounds were echoing.  I knew, of course, that it had all happened, but perhaps forgetting about it won’t be such a bad thing.

                I’ve spent every free second I’ve had preparing for college.  Part of me realized that I was packing to leave already when I’d practically just gotten back, but I was excited for college before we went to LA, and I was still excited now despite the circumstances.  To be honest, I’m not sure how I would have had everything ready in time had we spent any more time away.  I’m leaving in a week, and I’m still not even close to having all of my things packed, all of my supplies purchased.  I’d say I’ve never been so stressed out in my life, but obviously that wasn’t true.

                It was good to be home, though.  I caught up with all of the people I’d had plans with before leaving, spent some time with my grandparents, and Mom and Dad seemed to be fine once we landed back on our home turf.  I’d been sure I would have to deal with my mother’s constant sighs and sad glances for weeks, but to my surprise, she’s kept herself busy with helping me get ready to leave and cleaning the house and doing some yard work and just about anything she can think of to keep her mind off of missing my brother.  Which is something I’m very grateful for.

                Besides, she wouldn’t have to miss Brady too much.  Yesterday she received this voicemail (because true to character, she still does not answer her phone):

                “Hey, Mom.  How’s everything going?  How’s Dad?  Is Lexie ready to go yet, all packed and everything?  If not, tell her to get on it.  I’m coming home for a couple days to say goodbye, and I don’t need her being too busy to hang out, so keep her on track until I get there.  Oh, and call me back so I can let you know about when I’ll be arriving.  Love you, bye!”

                And despite just spending about three weeks with him, I was stoked to find out he was coming home.  There was something about having him here rather than visiting him there that was so much more appealing, and knowing that he was coming to say goodbye to me was more than heartwarming.  Which was sort of irritating because I hate getting all mushy over my brother, but things were so different now.  Seeing him was a rarity that I couldn’t afford to downplay.