~Chapter Three~

“Are we there yet?” I ask, absolutely bored out of my mind.

Silence.

“Are we there yet?” I ask again.

Yup! This is my brilliant escape plan, phase two: annoy them so much that they have no choice but to pull over and let me go!

The downside to this is that this “letting go” could be along the lines of head first over a cliff. 

But we’ll worry about that when we get there.

“Are we there yet--”

“Shut. Up!” Jonah snaps and turns around to glare at me.

Now, Jonah. Lovely man that he is. I’ve managed to bruise both his face and his ego in the last few hours. So I think it’s safe for me to say, I don’t think he likes me very much.

So me, being the mature one, I stick my tongue out at him.

“Seriously though,” I exclaim and if possible, you know, considering I was tied up and all, I would totally be flailing my arms. “Where the hell are you taking me?!”

“To meet the pack.” Caleb says, never taking his eyes off the road.

I almost growl.

“I know that!” I snap at his reflection in the mirror, “Where is that?! Half an hour away? A state away? Out of the country?! Because unfortunately due to short notice, I didn’t remember to pack my passport!”

This time he turns around and grins at me.

“How about the next five minutes.”

We turn onto an old dirt road that I never even knew existed. This road looks like it had been long abandoned. Seriously! All I could see were trees. Trees and dust. Lots of dust. . .

Wow. So this was going to be my new home. Trapped with a bunch of crazy people in the middle of nowhere.

Nice. . . Not.

And then I think I see something blur past my window from the corner of my eyes. 

What the. . .?

I squint.

Through the trees I can just make out flickering patches of gray. Gray fur. And then a body comes into full view. Shortly followed by two more. And then the next thing I know there’s a whole pack of wolves running alongside the car. Gray, brown and anything in between. It was just a collage of furry, colorful beast.

“We’re here.” Caleb says and pulls into a long driveway.

Once the car stops, I turn to look and feel my jaw drop.

Nope. It still didn’t feel anymore like home.

Because they live it a freaking mansion!

The place had a very modern feel with lots of long, wide windows to let light in. Two stories, painted a light tan, with shutters in a darker variation, a stark gray roof and beautiful white iron verandas, the place just screamed class. Seriously. It’s like, we’re classy and we know it, so clap your hands~!

It’s beautiful and I’m intimidated. And I haven’t even made it through the front door. . .

“Just who the hell are you people?” I ask, turning to them completely flabbergasted. 

He just turns and gives me another one of those wolfish grins.

And in return I ignore him. 

A few seconds later, I mentally slap myself because I should’ve expected all of this.