~Chapter Eight~

I hate it. 

I hate how the entire female population is awe-struck at my so-called, self-proclaimed mate. 

I hate how the stupid bond thingy is making me hot with jealously. 

Or maybe that’s just hormones. . . 

And to top it all off, I hate how one of the only seats available just happens to be the desk right behind mine.

I can feel his eyes on me. Sending shivers up my spine and I curse silently. I can’t stand the fact that he’s right there and can very easily reach out and play with my hair. 

Which he was doing by the way, and sending my nerves into a full out frenzy.

I fight back an aggravated groan and keep clenching and unclenching my hand on my desk. 

This cannot actually happening to me!

Sensing movement, I turn and send a stony glare Jonah’s way because I know he’s watching this whole ordeal and grinning to himself, amused. He’s not even attempting to hide his laughter.

Ryan on the other hand, as usual, is sitting up straight and actually paying attention to the lesson. He doesn’t pay me half a glance.

Turning and closing my eyes, I take slow, deep breaths while urging the clock forward. Begging it to move faster and get me out of the hell hole. 

And for once, my prayers are granted. 

The bell rings, and like lightning, I bolt from class.

“Jenny!” He calls after me and I groan.

“What do you want, Caleb?” I snarl through clenched teeth, never slowing my pace.

He easily catches up to me and effortlessly matches my stride.

“I missed you. . .” He tells me.

“How are you even here?!” I bark at him, turning and acknowledging him for the first time. “You already graduated!”

“. . . Internship?” He says, giving me a guilty grin.

I pause and groan at this, vigorously rubbing my temples. This was beginning to become a habit I’ve noticed and one more common than I’d like.

“Go home Caleb.” I say, turning to glare at him. “Go home and stay there because I don’t want you here!”

And then I turn on my heels and strut off.

“Oh, come on!” He says, catching up to me again and once again and easily matching my pace. “You can’t still be denying the sparks there were the first time we met.”

“Yeah,” I say, laughing sarcastically. “Same sparks the rest of the female population got when you walked in the room.”

He stops in his tracks. I could see the wheels churning. 

I groan, immediately realizing I had just said the wrong thing and just keep walking.

And then he says it.

“You’re jealous.” 

I can hear the smugness in his voice.

“Let’s get one thing straight!” I say, doing a complete 180° and stomping my way back up to him. “I. Am. Not. Jealous!

And then, as gracefully as I can, I turn and stomp away.

“Whatever you say!” He calls after me and I don’t need to see him to know he’s grinning from ear to ear