~Chapter Twenty-One~

...Wow, my head hurts.

That’s the first thought that crosses my mind as I start to wake up, feeling a strange sense of déjà vu.

Jenna!” I hear someone screaming in the background. “JENNA!” She continues to scream, and is that a hint of urgency in her voice I hear?

I wince a bit as her voice rings out. My head is throbbing and it feels like the whole world is spinning like a carousel that’s stuck on warp-speed.

Rory, shut up! I think, as I turn over on my side and squeeze my eyes shut. Five more minutes...

“WAKE UP!” She screeches, and that’s when she decides to deliver a hard kick to my side. 

Groaning, I blink and painfully start to open my eyes. I’m surprised to find we’re shrouded in darkness, except for a small patch of light that sneaks in through an undusted window. Something which I’m thankful for, because my head is killing me. Is this what a hangover feels like?

“Geez, what?!” I croak, as I shift a bit onto my side to look at her.

“Jenna!” She exclaims. “Oh, thank God!” 

Blinking as I look up at her and allowing my eyes to adjust to the light, the first thing I notice is she’s been crying, by the look of her red, tear-stained eyes. The second is she’s tied up. And my last discovery is that I can’t move my arms.

“Rory...?” I ask, using the wall as I struggle to get up into a sitting position. “What the hell is going on?”

“I don’t know!” She bawls and the tears start. “Someone hit you over the head, and then you were unconscious, and then someone grabbed me from behind and-and we were thrown into a car, and when I asked where we were going, someone yelled at me to shut up and then someone tied us up, and I don’t know where we are, and I’m scared Jenna!” She cries, managing to get the whole story out in one breath.

“We’re going to be okay,” I assure her, groaning slightly at how heavy my head feels on my shoulders. “I’m sure Caleb and Ryan and the rest of them are searching for us this very moment.”

She starts crying harder. Apparently I said the wrong thing.

“Like that dumb buffoon gives a rat’s ass what happens to me!” She sobs. “We’re doomed!

Okay, so probably not the best thing to say at the moment...

“Rory,” I start, only to see she’s receded into herself and started hyperventilating. “Rory, calm down.”

Her chest is rising and falling fast as her eyes flicker around the room frantically in panic. She’s trapped in her own little world, and she’s going to pass out if she doesn’t calm down.

RORY!” I scream in her ear. “You need to calm down, and stay with me!”

Suddenly a door slams open and light comes flooding in. We both wince at the sudden exposure and wait for our vision to clear.

“So you really are the new alpha’s precious mate?” I hear someone say, and I freeze at the sound of voice as my heart begins to pound.

My vision finally clears, and I try not to flinch at the tall figure towering over me.

Justin.

He inhales, and suddenly leans down. I nearly jump out of my skin when he touches the mark on my neck. He sighs, and shakes his head in thoroughly disappointed manner.