『 thirty-five 』

i need to take care of my father's funeral.❞ Yeonjun muttured but clear enough for the lad from the other line hear it. he's not used to say things like this to Beomgyu but he also don't want to keep it to himself if he know he has a friend that he can rely on.

"wait- what?! what happened??"

he let out a sigh before speaking, ❝i'll tell you later.❞ he rubbed his temple as he is being stressed by the what happened. he expected these things to happen since all his father always do is to drink alcohol and sleep and it became his routine everyday so Yeonjun is not surprised.

his eyes quickly drifted to a doctor who is walking towards him. he quickly stood up from his seat. ❝i need to go.

"o-okay. take care hyung!"

you too.❞ Yeonjun ended the call after he said that. he shove his phone inside his pocket and waited for the doctor to speak.

are you sure you don't need anything for his burial? you know i can heㅡ

Yeonjun quickly shook his head as a no then spoke ❝thank you hyung but i have savings for his funeral.❞ he curved his lips into an assuring smile which made his doctor sigh and nodded.

the doctor took out a paper from his pocket then gave it to Yeonjun. ❝here's the receipt of the bills. i volunteer to pay it so you don't have to worry about it.

thank you!❞ he is so lucky that his cousin is a doctor.

and not because they are relatives that's why his cousin payed the bills, but because Yeonjun's mother was the reason why he became a doctor and he owe her a lot. when she died, he was also the one who took care of the bills and payed half for her funeral. if she didn't support him and payed the other expences for his studies which Yeonjun's cousin's parents cannot afford, he might just ended up being an accountant or something.

he know that Yeonjun is struggling after his mother died and he actually told him that he can support him from his studying but the younger refused because he want to be independent mostly Yeonjun knew that he will live alone after his father will die.

my pleasure.❞ his cousin uttered then smiled. he checked his watch as he remembered that he need to go somewhere. he tapped Yeonjun's shoulder and spoke, ❝i need to go.

Yeonjun nodded and said thank you and goodbye to him before his cousin walk away. he then took out his phone and after he dialed someone, he put his phone on his ear. ❝hello?

"yes, sir! how can we help you?"

how much is the coffin, again?❞ he asked while he put the receipt paper of the hospital bill inside his pocket. luckily, he already prepared for these things a month ago so it won't be hassle for him.

he actually want his father's body to be cremated but its better to put his grave beside his mother's grave. for at least, they can are beside each other and he knows that his father will wish that even though he don't tell him about it.

after some chit-chat about the burial and the coffin', Yeonjun ended the call. he sat on the bench beside the door of the room where his father's dead body is inside.

he saw a spam of messages from Beomgyu telling him to cheer up and everything will be fine. well, Beomgyu knew that Yeonjun's mother already died and now his father is gone. he knew it will be hard for the older to live by his own. Yeonjun don't know if he will be glad that his dad is now gone or be sad because he is still his father. maybe both, he guess.