『 twenty-nine 』

Taehyun took a peak inside the room before closing the door then walk towards to the young girl. ❝what's grandma doing?❞ he asked. Eunji drifted her eyes on him before answering, ❝bringing them back to normal.

he let out a hum then nodded. he suddenly remembered what Beomgyu said about Yeonjun and Soobin earlier when they were eating in the school café. he actually thought that it was a joke or something but seeing the two inside the room with his grandmother made him think that it was real.

he walk towards the door. before he can twitch the doorknob and open it, mr. Lee spoke, ❝you'll not gonna eat dinner here?

Taehyun shook his head as a no then curved his lips into a small smile. ❝i still have school works to do, uncle.❞ he uttered. mr. Lee nodded then Eunji said goodbye to him as he open the door and went outside the house.

as he went outside, he noticed the sky is covered with gray clouds like it will start to rain any sooner. he wonder if its because of the weather or because of the magic. he just shrugged and put his hands inside his pocket then walked away.

Eunji's grandmother pour the potion in the two glasses placed on the table while the two lads are looking at it. Yeonjun gulp his own saliva after licking his lips because of getting nervous.

Soobin looked at the older as he felt the tension on his hands. he grip his hands tighter which made Yeonjun drift his eyes on him. Soobin look at his eyes then lightly nodded his head, lowkey saying that everything is going to be fine even though it will not.

Yeonjun nodded back before they both shifter their eyes back on the lady as she suddenly spoke, ❝drink these.❞ she gave them the two glasses of potions. they firstly looked at it then smell if its okay to drink it.

it won't poison you.❞ she muttered while looking at the two lads who are hesitating to drink the potion.

Yeonjun put the tip of the glass on his lips as he will start to drink it but then placed it on the table again which made the lady confused. ❝i won't do it.❞ he uttered then slightly push the glass away from him.

Eunji's grandmother furrowed his brows. ❝what do you mean?

Yeonjun glanced at Soobin who's eyes are glued at him before diverting his eyes back to her. ❝if the consequence is i will lose my memories, then i don't want to go back to normal.❞ he said then stood up. he removed the other glass from Soobin's hands then put it on the table.

let's go.❞ he pulled the younger's arms but before Soobin could stand, the lady stopped them. ❝wait!

they both looked at her and waited for her to speak. she let out a sigh. ❝okay, your memories will remain.❞ she was hesitating to say it but in order to bring them back to normal, she will do it.

the older lad raised his brow. ❝are you sure?❞ he asked. she nodded her head while avoiding the lad's gaze. he don't know if he'll believe in her but since she said it, maybe she will do it.

Yeonjun nodded then remove his grip from the younger. he sat beside him and waited for the lady to speak again. Soobin is just keeping his mouth shut. he want to deny that she is telling the truth and just go but he also want to go back to normal. it's hard for them to stay in their current bodies because of their families, friends, and attitudes are different.

the lady give them the glass of potion again and told them to drink. ❝you'll not gonna make another potion to make our memories remain?❞ Yeonjun ask while looking at the lady.

Eunji's grandmother shook her head. ❝your memories will be base on the spell that i will cast.❞ she slightly wave a wood stick which is her wand. ❝the potion is for making you change back to your own bodies.❞ she continued while pointing at their glasses by the wand.

they just both nodded. Yeonjun had the courage to drink it first then Soobin. they shut their eyes as they quickly gulp it and felt some stings on their throat. they both cough after drinking it and place the glass on the table.

after a few seconds, they felt a little bit dizzy and they feel like they are about to vomit as their stomach is more like twisting because of the potion. Soobin groan as he felt his head hurting like it was cracking and same as Yeonjun. after a minute, their bodies collapse on the floor and they look like dead.

the lady slightly flinched after the two lad's bodies dropped from the chair. she stood up while holding her wand then approach them on the floor. ❝are you still breathing?❞ she asked before checking their pulse. she let out a sigh as she felt relief after knowing that their pulses are beating and they are breathing. maybe they didn't handle the pain on their brain that's why they both collapsed.

should i do it?❞ she mumbled to herself while looking at her wand. although she told them that their memories will remain, she is still hesitating to do it.

her trust was broken before that's why she can't even trust anymore. the last time, when someone knew that she is a witch and promised that the person will hide her identity, she was relieved about that but then the person broke that promise and made the lady's family at risk. Eunji was just a baby back then and almost die because of her careless thinking.

she's afraid that it might happen again mostly two of the lads know her and Eunji already and two of their friends knew their situation.

she shrugged her thoughts off then let out a sigh. she slightly wave her wand. ❝i'm sorry.❞ she mumbled to them before pointing the wand at them and casted a spell.

remove memories.

after that, she casted another spell to teleport their bodies on their own house and lied them on their own beds.

she went to her crystal ball that was placed near the table. ❝Choi Beomgyu.❞ she mumbled while surrounding her hands beside it.

(idk how to describe what she is doing but its more like what you see in fantasy movies that witches do to crystal balls.)

a picture of a caramel-haired boy who is laughing appeared inside it. there's a person beside him but the lady can't see it. only Beomgyu's face is shown. she mumbled a spell before blowing the crystal ball then Beomgyu's frame disappeared inside.

Huening Kai.❞ she mumbled again while surrounding her hands on it. a latter appeared inside and same as what she did to Beomgyu, she firstly casted a spell before blowing it then Huening Kai's frame disappeared.

the lady let out a sigh. she cleaned the things on her table then went outside the room seeing her granddaughter and her son-in-law.

Eunji quickly drifted her eyes on her grandmother as she heard a door being closed. she ran towards her and give her a hug. ❝they won't remember you from now on.❞ her grandmother said while patting her back.

the young girl pouted but she didn't asked why because she already know the reason. she nodded her head then let go off the hug.

Eunji will miss them.❞ she muttered but clear enough for her grandmother to hear.

do you want to forget them?

the young girl quickly shook her head while holding back her tears. ❝no.❞ she said. even though she just met them and they had a few interactions, its still great for her to know them.

she hopes one day, she will meet them again and they will know her without magic being casted.

═══ +×+ ═══