Part 18

Italics- Lydia's voices

Lydia

Lydia entered the hideout to see Oliver and Thea sparring with Malcolm. When she looked further, she saw Felicity's falcon eyes, starring at Malcolm.

She watched quietly in the back as Malcolm used the bud of his sword against Oliver's wrist and his sword went flying. She quickly caught it and held it tightly in her hand, stepping into the circle.

She had to balance her strength, holding the sword as she switched between Malcolm and Thea. Lydia noticed that Malcolm had gotten harder and she decided to match his level. She kicked Thea's legs, causing her to trip and drop her sword. She grabbed the spare weapon and held them in front of her on a knee, as Malcolm tried to strike.

"Give me another one!" He shouted and Thea tossed in a sword. Her swords clashed against his as they both grunted. Lydia could her Felicity slightly cheering for her to win, giving her motivation and confidence.

Malcolm did an unexpected move, making Lydia spin. She moved back into his direction, but he stopped her swords. She pulled them out and went for another strike. The two pushed each other back and got back up, going in for another one and Lydia ducked. When she spun around, she held the sword in her left hand to his neck, and the other at his upper chest.

"Who taught you?" he asked, breathing heavily. "I'm a quick learner," she exhaled. Lydia watched him chuckle and dropped his eyes. When she caught his gaze, Malcolm had a sword nearly piercing her stomach, before pulling back.

"That's it for today," Malcolm concluded, grabbing her swords. "I had ARGUS perfect our security," Diggle said entering. Lydia noticed him glare at Malcolm, the same way Felicity did; they had a problem with him.

Lydia eyed everyone that she was leaving and went up the stairs to the Verdant. She was walking out the back when she decided to get a drink, and sat down at the bar. She could hear heels clacking on the hard floor, to see Felicity stomping out the club.

"They don't like you very much," she said, turning her head to see Malcolm sitting next to her. "I don't care about their opinion. I just wanted to get my daughter and leave, but now, we have to face Ra's," he told her, passing her a drink. "To our downfall," she said and they cheered their glasses.

"You know what's coming, don't you," he said firmly. "Bits and pieces. But you're only training Oliver because you feel guilty for letting him die and Thea begged you to," she pointed out and Malcolm had no response.

"Why are you talking with the enemy?" Lydia heard a familiar voice exclaim. She slowly turned around and waved with a faint smile. Laurel glared at Malcolm who got out of his seat and left the club. She glanced at Lydia, waiting for an answer. "Crazy minds attract," she explained.

Laurel rolled her eyes and sat on the other side of Lydia, not wanting to sit in Malcolm's previous spot. "I wanted to let something out," she began, grabbing Lydia's attention. "I told my dad about Thea and Sara."

"What did he say?" Lydia asked. "Devastated. But the worse part is, I don't remember Sara's voice and her smile, it's just her face," Laurel said, wiping a tear. "I remember everyone," she said softly and she could feel Laurel look at her, "probably because I dream about them." "Can you..." Laurel trailed off and Lydia already knew. "When you fall asleep tonight, you'll see her," she whispered and made a high pitched ring in her ear.

From that small scream, the sound of reality drowned out and Lydia went into a small daze. She blinked slowly, trying to grab the glass and bring her back. "Lydia," Laurel's muffled voice said. "Lydia," she said again and she snapped out. "What?" Lydia asked, staring at her. "You were in a trance," she said. "I guess," Lydia said, leaving the Verdant.