Part 29

Italics- Lydia's voices/visions

Oliver

"Yeah, we need go get Lydia," Oliver told them, glancing at Parrish who had stopped burning. "She just did her first strike, if she reaches all three..." Parrish trailed off and Oliver nodded.

"What are you exactly?" Ray asked and a few others agreed. "I'm a Hellhound, Harbinger of Death," he explained. "Very rare," Nyssa said. "We should probably leave now."

———————

The team took Ray's private jet to Nanda Parbat and it landed smoothly on the runway. Parrish lit up again and they entered the double doors.

Oliver led Parrish down into the chambers and into her cell where she was lying weakly. He could hear her struggling breaths that were trying to suppress another scream. "GO!" Parrish roared and Oliver took a long look before moving back into the hallway.

The last thing he heard as he sprinted down the hallway was Lydia's second scream that was covered by Parrish. The waves of her voice echoed throughout and rumbled the sanctuary where dust covered.

"Is she going to be okay?" Laurel asked when he made it to the center. "I-I have no idea," he stuttered. Everyone's gaze trailed behind him and Oliver turned around to see Parrish carrying Lydia who was covering her mouth.

"Does anyone have mistletoe?" Parrish's disoriented voice asked. "What? No," he said. "We don't have that..." Nyssa trailed off, looking at the Lazarus Pit. "It's the only thing that'll help her before she screams again. The Telluric Currents in the pit will heal the hole."

Oliver made eye contact with Parrish then looked at Lydia who was on the verge of wailing again. "Do it," he nodded.

Parrish set Lydia on the wooden plank and he, Oliver, Malcolm, and Diggle pulled the ropes until she was hovering over the pit. "Hope it works," he heard Laurel whisper. Nyssa bowed her head for them to start to lower it and they did.

The plank touched the water and her body submerged in the bubbling water. The ground quaked and everyone covered their ears as Lydia let out her last scream that was muffled by the water and slowly died down.

Oliver stood beside his sister who held his hand that partially calmed the complete anxiety that rushed through his body. "She's been in there too long," he whispered. "It's going to take time," Nyssa reassured him.

Unlike Thea who jumped out the water viciously, Lydia slowly arose. She blinked at them and lifted herself out the pit. As she was going down the steps, she accidentally tripped and Parrish caught her. There was this long stare between the two but Oliver had to push away the jealousy because he knew it was the supernatural connection.

"Jordan?" she asked softly and he nodded. Lydia looked around and faintly smiled at everyone and they replicated the same expression. She looked back Parrish and touched his bare chest and pursed her lips. "Isaac finally reached you," she told him, but then she frowned, "Something is off."

"Lydia Martin," Parrish spoke, removing her hand, "the human." His eyes glowed orange and the flames grew around him with the crack of fire tracing his skin, before he ran out the doors.

Oliver approached Lydia with his arms cautiously up as she was left starstruck. He couldn't hear her breathing and he knew she was completely frozen. The moment he pulled her in for a hug, that's when she broke into tears. She let out a painful scream but it wasn't magnified, it was just normal.

Lydia began to fall on her knees and he went down with her. He ran his hands threw her hair as she sobbed into his shoulder. "Shhh..." he hushed, trying to comfort her. He knew she was in pain as she cried herself to sleep.