Part 15

Italics- Oliver's vision

Oliver

Oliver flipped over the white-sheeted bed to see the strawberry-blonde sleeping peacefully beside him. "Good morning," he said softly, adjusting his head. He watched as her green eyes flicker open and her rosy lips broke into a smile.

"Hi Oliver," she whispered, touching his cheek. "I love you," he told her and her smile faded. He frowned when she gasped, pointing at his chest. He looked down to see the gap under his peck as he began to cough up blood on the sheets and Lydia began to scream.

Her scream pushed him down onto the bed as he sank right through it. The white sheets turned into snow as he saw flashes of the mountainside. The gravity pulled on his body as he fell down the mountain.

Oliver shot up and he was gasping for air. He looked around and the dimmed cabin reassured his mind. The door swung open and Tatsu came in with Sarab behind her. "Just put the wood there," she informed him and he did.

"How did you sleep, Oliver?" Tatsu asked, handing him a fresh cup of tea. He exhaled, watching Sarab leave, "Nightmare." "Of what?" She asked curiously. "Falling down the mountain," he sighed and she pursed her lips.

Lydia

Lydia and Laurel entered the mayor's office filled with other city officials. "I still don't know why I'm invited to these things, I'm a therapist," she exclaimed. "Just another witness," Laurel whispered as they stood next to Lance.
Lydia smiled at Felicity who was standing next to Ray and the mayor.

"Welcome everyone," Madam Mayor began, "with the help of Dr. Ray Palmer, I've decided to change the name of this city." She turned over to a piece of paper and she and Ray signed it. "Welcome to Star City," he clapped.

"That's the last thing she'll do," Lydia muttered and Laurel and Lance turned to her with wide eyes. "What?" Laurel asked. Lydia ignored her and stared out the window, waiting for something.

"Get down!" Lydia shouted, covering her head. Everyone in the room hid and people covered the mayor. When there was nothing happening, they were all confused, getting back up.

The glass shattered and a can of tear gas erupted, fogging the room. "Hello Madam Mayor," the heavy British man greeted. Lydia eyed Laurel and they got up going after Brick. He began shooting bullets at the officials until they were dead.

He grunted when his bullets ended and Lydia kicked the gun out of his hands. When she went for another punch, he caught it and put her into a headlock. She watched as Laurel got slammed into the desks by one of his men and the other, drag the alderman out. Lydia wanted to scream but everyone would know her secret.

"Since I couldn't get the mayor, the doctor and the alderman will do just fine," Brick snickered. He put a hood over her face and shoved her into a back of a van. She felt her wrists go into cuffs over her head and she grunted from the tightness. The van doors closed and the vehicle began to move.

"It's okay, people will come for us," she heard the alderman whisper. Lydia wasn't scared, she was perfectly fine.

She heard the van thump and it swiveled to a stop. The doors opened and she heard a firm grunt, Laurel. "Come on let's go," she said. There was a massive groan and a thump and Lydia turned her head. "Stupid vigilantes," Brick huffed. A gun clocked and a bullet fired. She knew exactly who died and a tear fell down her check under her the hood.

——————

The black hood was removed off Lydia's head and a gag was tied around her mouth. A light hovered over her head and she squinted her eyes to see.