46 | Into The Woods

I wake up feeling something softly brushing my cheek and open my eyes to see Brad smiling at me.

"Look who's finally awake", he says as he stops brushing his thumb on my cheek and places a soft kiss on my nose, instantly bringing a smile on my face. It takes me a second to realize what day it is, and I wonder if Brad's going to remember that today is our one year anniversary.

"Morning", I answer before rubbing my sleepy eyes and turning on my side to face him. Brad's staring at me as if lost in my eyes, the way he's been very often during the last few weeks. "What?", I chuckle, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand in case I have drool there again.

"You're beautiful", he says, and even if he's said those words to me a million times before, today feels different, as if I'm hearing them for the first time. My smile grows larger at the sound of that, and at the look on his face that I will definitely never get used to. He has this way of making me feel like the most beautiful girl on earth just by looking at me. I've never felt loved the way he makes me feel before, and I couldn't be more grateful to have him in my life.

"You're being weird", I answer with a chuckle at his odd behaviour. I don't know what's going on with him, but lately, he's been acting strange, staring at me for extended periods of time thinking I don't notice or telling me he loves me a lot more often than he used to.

"No I'm not", he quickly defends himself as his eyebrows furrow, making me chuckle even more.

"Whatever you say, weirdo", I answer before giving him a peck on the lips and turning around on the bed to grab my phone on the nightstand and look at the time.

"What time is it?"

"11:41 am", I answer before leaving my phone back on the nightstand and turning back towards him. The expression on his face suddenly changes as if he's late for something. "Are you alright?" I ask with a laugh as he gets out of bed before jumping into his boxers.

"Hungry? I'm starving", he says, looking very agitated all of a sudden. I give him a weird look, wondering what's going on with him as he puts on his jeans and grabs his shirt from the floor.

"Seriously, what's going on with you?", I ask while he picks up his phone from the nightstand on his side of the bed.

"What? Nothing", he answers as if the way he's acting is totally normal. "I'm gonna go grab us breakfast okay? I'll be right back", he adds as he leans towards me and places a quick kiss on my lips before walking out of the bedroom and leaving me in bed, alone. What just happened? Did he really just leave? Okay, something's definitely up with him, I think as I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I take my time to get ready, knowing Brad's probably not going to be home before a while and decide to go explore the gigantic house the boys rented for the week. It take me a while to visit every room, but after I finally do, I go back to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee before going to sit in the living room. Brad's been gone for almost an hour now, and I'm starting to wonder if he went to France to get us croissants. I'm sipping on my second cup of coffee, going through one of the magazines I found laying on a console when I hear the sound of the front door shutting softly.

"Living room!", I scream so that Brad knows where to find me in the mansion. He quickly appears, looking as stressed as he was when he left this morning, if not more. It doesn't take me long to realize his hands are empty though. "Where's breakfast?", I ask and all colours disappear from his face. I swear I heard him cuss under his breath, but he brushes it off.

"Oh yeah, they were out", he says before throwing his coat on the back of the sofa as I stare at him in confusion.

"They were out of...", I start to say, before marking a quick pause, confused. "Breakfast?", I add, my eyebrow raised. Does he really think I'd believe that kind of bullshit? Where the hell did he go?