5 | Missing You

I have been staring at my phone for a few minutes now, not knowing what to answer to Brad's text. I eventually decide to simply ignore it, and put my phone back on the coffee table before grabbing the TV remote and pressing PLAY. Watching another lame, romantic Christmas movie is exactly what I need. I'm about halfway through the movie when the doorbell rings, making me jump on the sofa. I pause the movie and make my way to the door to come face to face with Brad, a takeout bag in his hands.

"I thought you might be home", he says as he walks in, not even waiting to be invited toI close the door behind him and turn around to face him but he's already walking towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here B?" I ask, still mad at him.

"You didn't answer my texts", he answers as he enters the kitchen, me on his toes.

I shouldn't have told him to make himself at home when I first moved in. He's clearly taking it a little too literally.

"Which one? The one where you call my boyfriend a dickhead, or the one where you say I fantasize about having sex with you?" I answer as he places the bag he's holding on the table, and takes two foil containers out of it.

"Come on, you know I was joking", he answers while grabbing a couple of plates from the cupboard.

"Well, that wasn't funny. Seriously what are you doing here? I'm about to leave", I say, looking at the clock.

"I brought food", he answers, giving me the smile he knew I couldn't resist.

No Emma, don't let him fool you. You are still mad at him, no matter if he brought food or not.

"Because obviously food is gonna make me forgive you for what you did yesterday", I answer, unimpressed. Brad empties the content of the foil containers onto the plates and grabs two forks before turning back to me.

"I know it won't, but I thought it'd help", he says, handing me one of the forks.

I roll my eyes at him. I'm not gonna let him get away with punching my boyfriend in the face that easily, but I'm starving and have no food at home. I grab one of the plates and the fork he's handing me, and go back to the living room where I sit down, my legs bent to the side on the sofa still warm from the last hour I have spent there.

"You're welcome!" I hear him yell from the kitchen.

That boy drives me crazy. He quickly joins me in the living room, and sits down next me, backed against the armrest, a plate in his hands. He spreads his legs until his feet are on mine, earning him a stare.

"Don't expect me to thank you for trying to bribe me with food", I say, pushing his feet away. "I'm still mad at you".

"I know", he answers before putting his plate on the table. He sits closer to me, a serious look on his face. "I didn't mean to hurt you".

"Yeah well you should have thought about that before you punched Jay in the face", I answer, placing my plate on the table too. Thinking about the night before cut my appetite.

"He fucking deserved it!"

"Are you serious?" I ask, fuming. "You've been a jerk the entire night! You were the one who started it. The way you always do. Stop trying to put the blame on him. He's never been anything but nice to you".

I can tell he's getting mad too.

"That guys is a fucking dick, and I'm the problem?"

"He's not! If you only tried to get to know him you'd know. Fuck B why do you hate him so much?"