23 | Just the Two of Us.

Emma's POV

I wake up the next day feeling a strong pair of arms around me. For some reason, the first thought that comes to my mind is that the person behind me is Jay, and it takes a few seconds for the memories of what happened between us to come rushing back to me and to realize it isn't him. I slowly open my eyes, blinded by the daylight coming from behind my curtains. I try to move from Brad's embrace but that only makes him tighten his grip on me. I can feel his warm breath on my neck and his skin against mine where our bodies touch. That weird butterfly feeling I felt when we kissed that night is back. I remember it as if it was yesterday. I can still feel the taste of his lips, the softness of his touch on me, the... Wait. No, no, no, no. Stop. Emma, just stop it now. Stop thinking about it. It will never happen again. Stop torturing yourself like that. But I want it so bad. The thought of never tasting his lips again is literally killing me. I lie there in his arms, not willing to wake him up. I know he needs to catch up on some well-deserved sleep and I also know that he's not gonna go back to sleep if I wake him up. The minutes go by and I'm internally praying for him to wake up. I'm dying to pee and I'm not sure I can hold it much longer.

-

Brad's POV

I wake up to find Emma lying in my arm, my hand resting on her waist. Fuck, how I missed that contact with her. I haven't stopped thinking about her since that night in the park. I can't remember what I said to her that night, but according to Tris, nothing too compromising. I was so relieved when he told me I haven't said what I planned on telling her that day, because there's no way she can know how I feel about her. There's no way I'll take the risk of losing her by telling her I love her, especially not now. I know she's still hurt by everything that happened and the fact that she kept pushing me away every time I made physical contact with her last night makes me wonder if she'll ever forgive me. Even though I'm happy to know she still wants to see me, I can tell there's something different between us. And how can it be otherwise? Jay broke up with her because of me and now there are all these new feelings I have for her and frankly, I don't know how to act normal around her anymore. Because every time I look at her, all I can think about is that kiss and how bad I want to kiss her again. I know I shouldn't have kissed her that night. She was drunk and probably didn't even realize it was me she was kissing. I regretted it the moment my lips touched hers, but then she initiated the second kiss and I just lost control. I wanted her so bad that night I completely forgot about Ashley. And that's what scared me the next day when I realized I almost cheated on Ash. No wonder why she knew I had feelings for Em. Anyone could have seen that. Anyone except me I guess. And Em. And I intend on keeping it that way. I suddenly feel Em's hand on mine as she gently grabs it, freeing herself from my grip. I have no idea how we ended up in that position and even if we were used to sleeping like that before the fight, it probably feels awkward for her now. She slowly gets off the bed, clearly trying not to wake me up and tiptoes out of the room. I can't help but notice her buttcheeks peaking out under her shirt and no amount of willpower in the world could get my eyes off that view. Fuck, I'm screwed, ain't I? Because whatever I do, I'll lose again. If I tell her, our friendship will never be the same again. And by not telling her, I'm dooming myself to seeing her with other guys and I can't bear that thought. I let myself fall on my back and close my eyes. Shit, how am I gonna get out of this situation?

"Are you sleeping?", I hear a moment later and I feel Emma lie down next to me. I turn my head to face her and smile at how beautiful she's looking with her sleepy eyes and messy hair.

"Morning", I say, turning to my side, one hand under the pillow.

"I woke you up, didn't I?", she asks, looking sorry. Her being so close to me is making my pulse go crazy and I wonder if she can hear it. I want to break that small distance between our lips again, feel her body on mine and make her feel all the things that dickhead couldn't. "Do I have dried drool on my lips or something?", she adds, wiping her mouth with her hand.