Part 31✨

~1 week later~
Y/n's POV:

I groan in frustration as I sit back in my chair and run my fingers through my hair. I was currently in the small soundproof studio working on one of the songs in our new album for our comeback. I stare at my laptop on the desk in front of me before sighing and sitting up. I play around with the tempo and the beat of the song as I listen to it, giving up only a few seconds later out of stress. I slide my laptop forward and cross my arms on the desk as I place my head on top of them and close my eyes. As my body begins to relax and as I begin to fall asleep, I hear a soft knock on the studio door.

"Come in.." I mumble, not wanting to remove my head from my arms. The door creaks open before being closed again only seconds after it was opened.
"Hey" a deep voice says from behind me causing me to lift my head up and look at them. I give him a small smile before concentrating my attention back on the laptop in front of me. "I missed you.." he admits as he wraps his arms over my shoulders, bending down slightly in order to hug me from behind. I lean back into his touch and close my eyes again, feeling comfortable in his arms.
"You're too stressed, you need to relax..." he whispers as he plants a soft kiss on the side of my neck, his lips lingering there for a few seconds before removing them slowly. I sigh in content at the feeling as he plants another kiss a little lower on my neck compared to the first one.

"Chani..?" I ask, keeping my eyes closed. He hums in reply against my neck, signalling for me to continue.
"What are we?", I finally open my eyes and look at him. He stands up straight and sits in one of the chairs next to me. He looks down at his hands,
"I...don't know" he confesses, avoiding eye contact with me.
"Well what do you want to be?" I hesitantly ask causing him to slowly lift his head to look at me. I look at him with hope in my eyes but that hope quickly diminishes when he shakes his head and looks back down,
"I don't know." I nod my head in reply trying not to let tears fall from my eyes.
"So this whole time you weren't even sure if you wanted to be with me?" I ask, my voice cracking slightly. He stayed silent which caused me to become frustrated, a tear sliding down my face.
"Every time that we kissed...did that mean nothing? Was it just for fun for you?" I raise my voice as I stand up and look down at him. Once again he remains silent and continues to stare at his hands.

I quickly grab my laptop and leave the studio, leaving Chani behind. More tears fall from my eyes as I stuff my laptop into my bag and rush out of the company building towards the dorms. When I make it back to the dorms I rush past Dee and Jisoo who tried to stop me when they saw I was crying. I slammed my bedroom door behind me, locked it and threw myself into the bed, crying into the pillows. I became frustrated and cried into the pillow more, picking it up and throwing it against the wall.
"Y/n open the door" Minyoung quietly pleads from the other side of the door, softly knocking against the wood. I try to silence my sobs by covering my mouth with my hand.
"Y/n...what happened? talk to me" Minyoung pressed once again. Not receiving an answer, she sighs and slides her hand down the door.
"Make sure you come out to eat" she finally says before walking away from the room.

Third Person POV:

Chani sat in the studio with his head placed in his hands.
"I fucked up..." He quietly mumbled to himself. He slightly sat up and dragged his hands down his face, as he stared emotionlessly in front of him.
"What do I do, it's not like we're allowed to date and I can't risk getting her into trouble with the company" he spoke aloud.
"It's for the best" he convinced himself as he slowly stood up and left the room, closing the door behind him.

~At Eclipse's dorm~

A few hours had passed and Y/n remained in her room, not even leaving to eat with her members. The other girls had tried numerous times to convince the younger to leave the room or to at least let them in. They gradually become more worried as more time passed and the younger remained silent on the other side of the door, not knowing why she was upset. They felt helpless as they were unable to help her, all they could do was wait until she was ready to come out.