Chapter 26: Dafuq?

Dre POV:

"Asia... just pick somethin already!" I said irritably. We were in a restuarant near my condo like Asia wanted and were seated automatically in a booth near the back. You could say I'm somewhat of a celebrity now. Playin ball not only gets me girls but it gets me money and respect, as well as a whole lot of other things. Besdies dealin with the ocassional paparazzi, bein famous has it's perks. Instant seating in a 5-star restuarant is just one of many. We had been looking over our menus for a couple minutes before a waiter came to serve us. She been starin at her menu for a good 5 minutes now as the waiter stood next to her anticipating her order. Me and Mia had already ordered, he was just waitin for her. She scanned the menu analytically.

"These prices are ridiculous..." she commented, still not making a decision.

"Asia, I'm hungry. PICK SOMETHIN'." scolded Mia, just about as annoyed as I was, still texting away on her phone too. I rolled my eyes. Damn, can the nigga let her have some space? He act like he can't  take a breath without lettin her know it. Asia sighed and closed the menu.

"I'll just have a salad." she replied. The waiter nodded and wrote down what she said then collected our menus.

"I'll return shortly with your drinks." I nodded to him and he disappeared. I looked over at Asia again and watched as her eyes grew big as saucers.

"Oh my God." she said, staring straight past me.

"What?" I asked, turning around to see what she saw. You would have thought she saw a ghost.

"Isn't that Kyra over there?!" she exclaimed, causing my stomach to do an unexpected flip. I searched the restuarant until my eyes landed on a pair of bright red Converse shoes that met with  a nicely filled out pair of zebra striped pants, a black, over-sized t-shirt with a pin-up girl covered in tattoos on it, and a heap of messy yet sexy auburn-colored hair pulled together in a large bun with a red bandana tied around it all. Yeah.... nobody I knew could pull off an outfit like that except for Kyra Ford. I stared at her face in slight shock. She looked good.

REAL good.

"KYRA! Over here, Ky!" yelled Mia. Kyra looked around for a second in confusion before her eyes landed on our booth. She looked slightly surprised before she began making her way to us. Her eyes never met mine as she used her long thick legs to come closer to us. I don't know whether she was avoiding my eye contact on purpose or if she had just negelected to realize my presence, but either way, she looked confident. She wasn't smiling or anything but she just gave off this content vibe. It made me curious. I found myself wanting to know everything about her since the day of graduation. The closer she got, the more I realized how much her body had changed. Her hips were wider, ass was fatter, boobs were bigger and even her skin was a bit darker. She was no longer high yellow but more caramel colored. Her makeup was flawless, her nails were freshly done, her long hair was an auburn color that suited her features perfectly, and her eyes.... they didn't have that innocent look to them anymore. They looked smug and mischievous now. Sexy. I bit my lip out of habit, as she came to a stop in front of us. She smelled good enough to eat and looked it too. I was findin it hard to remember that at one point in time, she was the girl who broke my heart.

"OMG! Come give me a hug, girl!" exclaimed Mia, standing up and grabbing her into a big bear hug. She looked surprised at first before she slowly hugged Mia back. Asia stood up too, waiting in line for her hug. Once Mia let go, Asia leaned in for a hug too and Kyra hesitantly returned it. It was as if she wasn't comfortable around then anymore. That was crazy considering that at one time, they were completely inseparable.

"Dre! Get up and give her a hug too!" scolded Mia. And then it happened. Kyra's eyes landed on me for the first time in a year and I swear I got stuck in her gaze. Her eyes gripped mine like tractor beams and I lost all train of thought. Those brown eyes were doing something so strange to me.... it was like I couldn't function anymore. How could somebody I hated at one point make me feel so captured? My eyes drifted to her lips as she spoke my name.