Chapter 5: 3 Week Anniversary Part 1

3 weeks later.....

"Baby girl, get up!"

"Daddy.....," I moaned, tryin to sound sleepy," Five minutes.... give me... five minutes..." I say as I turn over away from him.

"No, Ky. You need to get up now before you late." he said and shook me as best as he could from outside of my covers. I was wrapped up like a newborn.

"Daddy, please..." I whined. He sighed and said," Fine, five more minutes and when I come back, you gettin up, Kyra." he said sternly. I waved my hand at him to leave and he sighed again. He disappeared and when I heard his footsteps fade away, I jumped up and ripped off my covers. The truth is, I've been up and dressed for an hour now. Today is his birthday and I've been gettin everything ready for him. I've already cooked breakfast for him and put his gift on the table. I've arranged for him to take a day off work, which he very much deserves, and my uncle is stoppin by so that they can go play some golf then go out tonight and have some fun. Now, all I have to do is sneak downstairs before he gets out of the shower so that I can set the table and put his food on his plate.

I stuck my head out of the door to listen for him and see if he was in the bathroom takin his shower yet. I heard the shower goin and on a quick impulse, ran past the bathroom and down the hall to the kitchen. I put some food on his plate and sat it in the stove to keep it warm. I took a seat in a chair and pulled out my phone to text Dre.

 Me: Baby, u up?

Dre: Yeah. Good mornin babe. Did u sleep gud?

Me: Good mornin 2 u 2 and yes, I did. But I been up 4 a minute now. I cooked breakfast 4 my daddy 4 his b-day.

Dre: Aww. Babe, u so sweet. U a gud daughter. But I been up 2. Gettin a surprise ready for u.

Me: Surprise? 4 me? TELL ME!

Dre: Baby, if i told u, dat would defeat da purpose of it bein a surprise lol 

Me: >:(  fine, don't tell me. But it better be good lol

Dre: Trust me, you'll never forget it ;)

Me: OKAY! =)

Dre: lol see you at skool babe. I gtg...

Me: K. Love you.

Dre: I love you more than words can explain......

I smiled at his reply as I felt butterflies in my stomach. That boy is so..... oooh, i can't even describe it....

 "Baby girl, where you at?" asked my daddy, lookin around as he walked out of his bedroom. He saw me in the kitchen and walked in.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday! I made you breakfast!" I said and smiled up at him. He smiled brightly and wrapped me in his huge arms.

"Aww, Kyra you shouldn't have." he said and kissed my forehead.

"I wanted to, daddy. You do so much for me all the time and I just wanted to do somethin for you for a change. And besides, today is your birthday so it's all about you." I said and stood on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, baby girl. I appreciate it." he said.

"You're welcome. Now have a seat and let me get your plate." I said. He sat down and I proceeded to take his a big plate of pancakes, scrambled eggs, grits, blueberry muffins, bacon and fresh, cut fruit out of the stove. I sat it in front of him and he said his prayers then dug in.