Chapter 23: Getting It Honest

Sire POV:

I smiled as I watched Kyra roll her luggage in my direction. It was almost like she walked in slow motion as I watched her hips sway from side to side and her long, auburn-colored  ponytail swing in the same exact rythm. She held a small smirk on her beautiful face and her eyes zeroed in on mine, making me feel like I was the only thing in this crowded Los Angeles airport that mattered to her. Her stride was thick with confidence, something that I took notice of from the very moment I laid eyes on her. Kyra was cocky, and she had a right to be, but just as much as she was cocky, she was sweet. It just took the right person to bring that sweetness out of her. I felt like I was one of those people. The only problem was, she knows I am so she tries even harder to suppress it. I had a strong suspicion that she saw that side of her as weakness. If only she knew that it was the exact reason that caused me to fall in love with her.

"You know, I was supposed to meet a guy friend here but. . . he isn't half as sexy as you." she said to me. My grin grew wider.

"Is that right? Well maybe you should ditch him and chill with me. I'm sure he won't mind." I replied. She let go of her suitcase and stepped closer to me. We were so damn close, I could smell the fruit-scented shampoo she used in her hair. Her body heat radiated off of her and spread all over my front, makin it hard for me to control my member. She knew what she was doin to me. I'd told her a million times that just her essence was enough to get me aroused.

"Hmm. . ." she responded, sounding as if she was hesitant in taking my offer. "I don't know. I kinda miss him. Maybe I should just take your number for now." she said, holding her hand out in front of her for my phone. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into me, not being able to control the urge I had to feel her soft, rose-petal like lips on mine. I kissed her like I was attempting to drink the oxygen from her lungs. Our tongues beat each other up like arch nemesis before we pulled apart from each other, me slightly in a daze and her breathless.

"Well hello to you too, Sire." she replied, dropping her act and smiling at me. I pecked her lips again.

"How was your flight, ma?" I asked her before I grabbed hold of her suitcase and lead both her and it out of the airport. She shrugged.

"Long as hell but shit, I didn't mind. First class is basically a hotel in the sky. Even though I don't feel comfortable about the obscene amount you paid for the upgrade, thank you so much, SK." she said, calling me by the nickname she developed from my initials. I smiled and nodded, proud of myself for getting her a first class ticket instead of a coach ticket. Obviously, it paid off.

"You're more than welcome. I missed your mean ass." I said, gaining a mock-offended look from her.

"I am not mean! I'm just blunt." she said. I looked over at her and she stuck her tongue out at me. I chuckled and continued walking. We reached the front entrance and instantly flashes went off in our faces. 'Fuck.' I thought to myself.

"Sire, why the fuck are these strangers taking pictures of me?!" she demanded. I pulled her behind me and did my best to sheild her. As we walked, they asked me questions.

"Who's the girl, Sire?"

"Is she just a friend or do you see wedding bells?"

"Where has she been while you've been here?"

"How old is she? Did she graduate with you?"

"What's her name?"

"None of your damn business!" yelled Kyra. The paparazzos laughed.

"They're paparazzi. Just keep your head down and follow me." I said. She did as told and my bodyguard, Big Moe, pushed his way through the dozen or so paparazzis to guide us to the waiting town car that would take us to her hotel. Once we were in the car, Big Moe moved his big frame quickly to get to the driver's seat and drive away.