Chapter 9: Welcome To The Hood Pt.2

Kyra POV:

"Have a seat, ma." said RJ. I had been standin in the middle of his room floor for about 10 minutes. I just couldn't get over the huge bag of weed displayed on his coffeee table. It was chuck full of weed buds. I always hated the look of kush. It's appearance just creeped me out. It did't look like a normal plant, it looked more like some kind of creature or somethin. I know, sounds strange but, that's just the way I thought it looked. I shook it off and tried to find somewhere to sit. His room, as I said before, looked more like the presidential suite in a hotel than the normal teenager's room. He had one of those California King beds that was wider than it was long but even still, is was a pretty huge bed. It took up a good amount of the room but still left room for his large walk-in closet, dressers and entertainment center. A large flat-screen was mounted on the wall and underneath, a cabinet with clear doors sat full of DVDs, CDs and video games, and an Apple computer sat on a desk in the corner. His room was decorated in blue and black and he even had his own balcony. But the icing on the cake was definitely the spa-like bathroom. It had a freakin whirlpool! I mean how many people can say they have a whirlpool in their bathroom? Not to mention a beautiful walk-in shower, big enough to be a room itself with it's clear walls and door. I felt like maybe I was in heaven. You wonderin how I know all this? I've been walking around his room ever since he asked me to have a seat. After I was done, exploring, I walked out of his bathroom and found him sitting on the edge of his bed.

"What? You couldn't find somewhere to sit in the bathroom?" he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him playfully and sat on a couch near the balcony doors.

"No, I was just exploring, seeing as how your rude ass didn't take it upon yourself to show me around." I said. He nodded and felt around under his pillows for something. He pulled out the remote control and flipped on the TV. He flipped the channel to ESPN and stood up, walking toward me.

"I'll be back in a second." he said before he handed me the remote and disappeared out of his room. I sat there, looking up at his TV until he came back. After a few minutes, I felt my pocket vibrate. I felt for it and realized my phone was ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it. De'Asia was callin me. My first instinct was to answer it but then I paused. No doubt, she would be askin where I was and who I was with and quite frankly, I didn't want to even go into that at the moment, but at the same time, I didn't need her to be worried about me either. I decided to pick up the phone but try to keep the details of my location to a minimum,

"Oh my God, Kyra. Where the hell are you? I've been callin you for the longest time! I've sent you like a hundred text messages!"

"I'm cool. I just needed to go somewhere and clear my head. No need to get all disoriented." I replied. At that moment RJ walked back into the room with a big wad of cash in his hand and walked straight into his closet. He pulled out a big metal box from a shelf in the corner and opened it. My eyes grew wide at the overflow of bills inside the box.

"Where are? You need me to come and pick you up?"

"Uh, no. I'm with somebody so when I'm ready to leave, I'll have a ride." I said, being vaugue as possible. I never lied to Asia, no matter what, but at the same time, I didn't need her questioning where I was or who I was with. I didn't need her scolding me for being with a complete stranger at his house. I mean I know it sounds bad but, for some reason, I don't really mind the fact RJ is a stranger. It made him more interesting. And I suppose by the time I leave, he might not be as much of a stranger any more. At least we were on a first name basis.

"Oh, ok. Well just call me if you need me. And please. . . try not to be so mad at Dre. He didn't know-"

"Look, Asia, I gotta go." I said, cutting her off. I didn't care to talk about Dre or the whole situation that unfolded. My whole prupose of being with RJ was so that I wouldn't be thinkin about it. He promised me that he'd have something to take my mind off of it and I planned to hold him to his promise.