Chapter 28: Prove It

Kyra-

"Sire! Let it go!"

"How am I supposed to let it go, Kyra?! The nigga was all over you and you ain't do shit about it!"

"Okay, let's get somethin understood. You will NOT cuss at me! I don't know what the FUCK got you trippin like this but you better watch yo fuckin mouth! I can't help if one of YO HOMIES was checkin for me! I told him to back up off me and he didn't. What else was I supposed to do?! Act a fool in front of all them cameras? I thought I was helpin protect YO image, muthafucka!" I said, pissed as fuck.

Sire got all in his feelins because one of his homeboys was checkin for me since I walked through the door of this industry party. I guess Sire thought I wasn't doin enough to make ol' dude chill out. But what the fuck did he expect me to do? I can't just fly off the handle and start suckerpunchin muvfuckas. This party was full of photographers and paparazzi was everywhere. I was tryin not to act a damn donkey so I wouldn't get Sire into trouble but it seem like this nigga can't grasp the concept of bein grateful. I mugged him and walked away from him, out of the lounge that connected the women's and men's bathrooms. I didn't have time for his foolishness.

"Trouble in paradise?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and gritted my teeth. Why the fuck can't niggas just act right? I try to protect Sire's image, he's ungrateful! I tell RJ to leave me alone, the nigga KEEP poppin up!

"Leave me the fuck alone. I am not in the mood." I said, striding away from him. I needed a drink. Shit, I needed a blunt. Don't watch that. I had been introduced to the wonderful bliss that is weed the first time me and Luis kicked it. I swore I'd never become that stereotype but shit, after my first puff, I was hooked.

I tapped the bar to get the bartender's attention. "Yo! Can I get a Incredible Hulk?" I asked. He looked at me for a second, probably tryna gauge my age range before he began to make my drink. I sighed in relief and waited, takin a seat on the bar stool.

"Why you gotta be so damn difficult, Kyra?" I pursed my lips.

"Why you can't leave me the fuck alone, RJ?" I replied. He was about two seconds away from gettin slapped. At this point, I couldn't give a fuck about Sire's image.

"Because I love you." he said, making me roll my eyes.

"RJ, go tell that bullshit to somebody who cares, because I can assure you, I'm not that somebody."

"You might not care now, but you will. You'll care when you realize that this little charade you got goin on wit Sire ain't enough to satisfy you. Kyra, have you ever wondered why you all of a sudden don't want shit to do wit love?"

"Why should I wonder about something I already know the answer to?" I said, sippin my freshly prepared drink and turnin around to look him in his face. To my surprise, there wasn't a bruise anywhere in sight. I can't describe my level of disappointment.

"Oh, really? Enlighten me, ma." he said, foldin his arms in front of him with a serious face. I smiled smugly.

"You see, I met this asshole last year. He showed me shit that I had never even imagined before. He showed me how to have passion without love. And although I knew he only wanted what was between my legs, I was startin to feel a certain way about him... but when I needed him most, he played me to the left. And at that moment I knew that I loved him. I wasn't admitting it to myself back then but lookin back... all the shit I let him get away with? It couldn't have been nothin but love. But like I said, he didn't give a fuck about me unless he was inbetween my legs and I found that out the hard way. So I decided not to love another dog ass nigga as long as I lived," I sipped my drink, "You've been enlightened." I finished, takin another long sip of my drink. The heat in my chest felt good as my head began to feel like it was floating. I was almost tipsy.

"While that all sounds good and everything, Imma tell you the real reason. The real reason you on this 'fuck love' tip is because you STILL love me, Kyra. I'm the first nigga you ever truly loved and you know it-"

"CORRECTION ! DE'ANDRE JAMAAL JONES WAS MY FIRST LOVE ! I don't know what made you think you were!" I cut him off. I chuckled at his expense as I continued to sip away. I was startin to feel good. And just as soon as that thought crossed my mind, B*tch, Don't Kill My Vibe by Kendrick Lamar began to blast through the speakers. I stood up and began to sway to the music as RJ felt the need to talk to me some more. I only half listened to him as I shouted the lyrics.

"Kyra, you and me both know that was just puppy love. What me and you had was real."

"I AM A SINNER, WHO'S PROBABLY GONNA SIN AGAIN ! LORD FORGIVE ME, LORD FORGIVE ME, THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND ! SOMETIMES I WANNA BE ALONE !" I yelled over him, emphasizing the last line and looking at him pointedly.

"Kyra, I LOVE you. Why can't you just see that? Huh? Why shit gotta be difficult?"

"BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE ! BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE !"

"KYRA ! ARE YOU LISTENIN' TO ME !?"

"I CAN FEEL YOUR ENERGY FROM TWO PLANETS AWAY! I GOT MY DRINK, I GOT MY MUSIC ! I WOULD SHARE IT BUT TODAY I'M YELLIN' BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE !  BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE ! BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE ! BITCH, DON'T KILL MY VIBE !" I yelled, laughin i his face. It contorted into a scowl as I laughed to my heart's content. This nigga just didn't get it. I could care less if he loved me. The fact of the matter was that I didn't love him anymore. He'd missed his chance. I was on to the next and he would have to deal with it.

"Alright fine, Kyra. You don't love me? Then prove it." he said, an unreadable look passing over his face. I quirked my eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"Prove it. You don't love me anymore? Then it should be easy enough to prove. Let me take you out, show you a good time, show you how much I've changed and how much I truly do love you and if by the end of the night, you can honestly say you don't have ANY feelins for me, I'll never talk to you again." he said, keeping my gaze.

"Hell no." I answered, with a roll of my eyes.

"Why? it shouldn't be such a big deal if you hate me as much as you claim you do. Or is this all just a front?" he replied with a smirk. I wanted to slap it roght off his face.

For whatever stupid and inexplicable reason, I considered his proposition. He was right, wasn't he? I know for a fact that I don't love him. What harm could one date do? And when I still don't love him by the end of the night, I'll never have to see him ever again. I could get use to that. I smiled at him.

"Fine, you have a deal. One date and then you can disappear from the earth's surface for all I care."

"We'll see about that, babe." he said, reaching out to caress my face. He bit his lip and stepped closer, invading my personal space.

"RJ, back the fuck up." I said, inhaling his cologne. I closed my eyes, temporarily savoring it.

OH SHIT.

That feeling.... that feeling was there.

His lips brushed against my cheek and rested on my ear.

"Kyra....you know how I do shit. I'm comin for you and I'm comin hard. By the time I'm done with you... Sire will be a distant memory. If I could steal you from one nigga, I can steal you from two." he said before his warm tongue slid down my neck and across my collarbone. I bit my lip to keep from giving him the satisfaction of knowing his effect on me. I still wasn't sure myself as to how he could still do this shit. I thought I was over him and his little teases.

He backed away and turned swiftly, leaving me standing there. FUCK ! I just got myself into some deep shit...

I gulped down the rest of my drink and hissed as it burned my throat.