Chapter 6: 3 Week Anniversary Part 2

"5! 6! 7! 8!" I said as me, Mia and Asia practiced the dance steps durin the dress rehearsal. We were in the auditorium, on top of the stage while the other performers either sat in the audience, waiting for their turn, or practiced in the aisles. We were dressed in the costumes that I had, painstakingly, made by hand. They were leotards with different alterations to them. Mia's was pink with pink sequins all over it. It had one long sleeve on her left side and on top of that shoulder, it had pink feathers and rhinestones, along with gold chains draped under it. Asia's was purple and just like Mia's except her sleeve was on her right side. Mine was turquoise, my favorite color, and also just like theirs except mine had both sleeves and I had shoulder decorations on both sides. We all had heels to match our leotards but we didn't wear them as we practiced. We all wore white Keds as we practiced. In between practicing and working on the music with the audio department, I was texting Dre, still pestering him to tell me what the rest of the surprise was. He still refused to tell me and now I was pretending to be mad at him. He had snuck into the auditorium about a half hour ago and I could see him sitting in the far back, watching us. We finished our performance then we got off the stage so the next act could practice. Mia and Asia walked back-stage but I walked down the steps on the side of the stage and made my way to the back, where Dre sat. I got to him and took a seat next to him. I didn't look at him, just sat there, pretending to be mad at him. He laughed once we had been sitting in silence for a few seconds.

"Kyra?" he said. I pretended not to hear him. He leaned in closer to me and said it again.

"Kyyyyyrrraaaaaa?" he sung in my ear. His warm breath tickled my neck and made my toes curl but I didn't dare let it show. I bit my lip in defiance.

"Okay, if you won't talk to me, I'll sing to you." he said, right before he broke out into a rendition of Lloyd's "Cupid".

When you're in love
Everything feels like it goes your way
And when you're in love
Everyday feels like the perfect day
And I hope that I feel this way forever
Hope that it's me and you together
And I don't wanna waste another moment
It's just me and you girl
And cupid has done it again

Got my head spinning around and around and around
And again here we go
Got my head spinning around and around and around

I smiled and he laughed then poked my dimple.

"I knew you wouldn't stay mad at me for long." he said. He made me stand up and pulled me down sideways on his lap. My arm draped over his right shoulder as he placed his other arm over my legs.

"I wasn't mad at you fareal, goofy butt." I said.

"I know. But I decided to play along." he said. I just smiled at him and examined his handsome features.

"I love you so much." I said, out of the blue. I just felt the need to say it so it slipped out.

"I love you more." he said as he kissed my lips. I pulled away and looked at him again.

"So are you gonna tell me now?" I asked, hoping for a yes.

"Nope." he said, popping the "p". I pouted.

He laughed again and said,"Man, our kids 'gon be so impatient cuz you don't like to wait for nothin'."

I lifted my right eyebrow and smiled,"Our kids?"

"Yup. I wasn't lyin when I said someday, I wanna marry you. You're the only girl I've ever been in love with and the only girl I ever will be." he said as he played with my ring. He lifted it to his lips and kissed it.

"You seriously have to stop sayin stuff like that. It makes me feel all ticklish inside." I said as I felt my face heat up.

"Sorry but as long as I love you, I'll never stop." he said then began to kiss my neck. It felt toooo good, let me tell you. I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from moaning out loud and grabbed on to the front of his shirt as I could feel his teeth scrape my skin. He was trying to give me a passion mark, and I would have let him, but it dawned on me that my dad would be mad and Uncle Rex would have a cow if they saw it.