Angel Genesis

No windows or doors.

A boy with no face.

Scratches on the wall.

Blood on the floor.

A knife in his hand.

What the hell was going on? Where was I?

I shuddered as I slowly backed against the wall. The smell of sulfur and rotting flesh filled my nostrils. I had to hold my breath to keep from gagging. The mysterious man advanced on me.

"You can't hide from me, Ellie. I'll find you. I'll always find you." The man chuckled, venomously.

My stomach churned as a feeling of dread spread over me. I knew he was right. I didn't know who he was or how he knew me, but I knew he was right. I shook my head as he raised the knife. His eyes held a thirst in them. My legs reacted first sending me running from him. A scream wriggled it way through my lips as I ran down an empty hall. I could hear his chuckles.

"Ellie, Ellie, Ellie. When will you learn?" he taunted.

Every room was locked. There was no way out. I whimpered as his footsteps grew louder. I quickly hid under the bed, hoping to trick him. I put my hand over my mouth, trying to quiet my breathing. My heart was beating a mile, a minute and I feared he would be able to hear it. I silenced myself as his footsteps came to halt.

The door creaked in protest as he gently opened it. The man slowly walked around the room. Every minute was painful and agonizing. I was so afraid of him finding me. I held my breath as his feet stopped right beside the bed. If it was possible, my heart began to beat louder.

Soon, his feet moved again and he walked out the room. I let out a sigh of relief and slightly relaxed under the bed. I was safe. He hadn't found me. I was still alive. Now all I had to do was find a way o--

A scream erupted from my lips as I was dragged from out of the bed. I thrashed widely as I was thrown roughly onto the bed. I was straddled down. I fought the whimper that wanted so badly to come out. I kept my eyes shut, too afraid to look into the eyes of my attacker. I didn't want his face to be the last thing I ever saw.

I heard his voice again. He called my name causing my eyes to open on reflex. My eyes widened in horror as he brought the knife down.--

"Ellie! " Two hands shook me, fiercely. "Ellie, wake up!"

My eyes snapped open. I jolted up in a sitting position and grabbed my head. It took me a few minutes to calm myself down. My heart was still beating, rapidly. My whole body was shaking and I felt sick to my stomach. I jumped off the bed and ran for the toilet, spilling the contents of my stomach into the bowl.

I heard the bed shift and seconds later, my hair was lifted from my face. I finished puking my guts out. I gently sat back on the cool tile floor. Masen knelt in front of me with worry in his eyes. I gave him a soft smile and shook my head.

"Another nightmare?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

I nodded, meekly.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head. There was no way in hell I would ever tell him. Masen couldn't know what things flowed through my head. He'd leave me, for sure.

"I'm fine, babe. Just give me a few minutes please. I'll go back to bed in a bit. Please." I asked, my voice hoarse.

Masen sighed as he dropped his head in defeat. He nodded and silently got up. I heard the bathroom door shut and leaned my head back. my stomach felt hot as I lifted up my shirt. I growled as i stared at the red, hot bruise that was still forming.

I couldn't ever let Masen see this or even know that my dreams aren't just nightmares.

They're visions.

I held back a sob as the newest vision played in my head again. What the hell was going on? Why was I having all these visions now? After four years of leaving that life, why come back now?

I slowly picked myself up, groaning. I knew how to the answers to my questions. I knew who could help. I just refused to pick up the phone and dial his number. I refused to get swallowed back into that life.

I turned on the faucet and washed my face. I was happy now. I had everything I ever wanted. If having a few nightmarish vision was the price to pay for that then so be it. Images of the boys flashed through my mind. The guilt began to build up in me like cancer. I growled as I pushed them back. I had to hold it together.

Masen called my name and I sighed. I shook off all thoughts of my old life. I had a new one now. A better one. I walked out the bathroom and crawled into bed. Masen pulled me into him and kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight, Ellie." He whispered.

"Night."I said, as I closed my eyes, ignoring the feeling of dread and doubt that spread through me.