A Day Out

I think it was the sound of water dripping that woke me. I felt groggy and sore. My head was pounding like a bitch. My wrist felt raw and constricted. My feet, which were bare, felt as if they were on fire. All in all, I felt like shit.

I groaned as I tried to sit myself up. I looked around, vaguely noticing that I wasn't in the motel I had previously been in. Confusion set in my mind as I tried to comprehend what exactly was going on here. What happened? Were Sam and Dean alright? And more importantly, where the hell was I?

I slowly leaned against the wall, my hands, uncomfortably, restricted behind my back. I gently banged my head as I forced myself to remember just what exactly had happened. At first nothing seemed to come. I just continued to draw a blank. It was as if my memory had just been wiped clean.

That is, until I spotted it. It was laying crumpled on the floor, not too far away. I held back a whimper as I stretched my leg to try to grab it. It was further away then I had expected to it took awhile before I was able to drag the paper back to me. I bought it as close as possible before I steadied myself on my elbows. 

I struggled for awhile to grab ahold on the paper. My body felt as if it had been used has a boxer's punching back. Every muscle within me, was screaming in pain as I forced myself to reach the piece of paper. Once, I was finally able to grab ahold of it, my breath was caught. 

As soon as my fingers touched the thin sheet of a dead tree, everything came back to me like a tsunami wave.

*+*+*+*+*+*

[i]2 Days Earlier[/i]

"Dean, that's disgusting." I complained as Dean shoved another mouthful bite of burger into his mouth.

He gave me a grin and continued chomping away. I rolled my eyes as Sam walked back to the table. He smiled at me as he slid me my chocolate shake. I smiled back as I took a sip of my shake. After the whole [i]I'm-not-human[/i] ordeal had blown over, the boys seemed to have kept themselves bust on cases.

I know they were just doing their job, but it had meant me having less time with them, which was something I was not so thrilled about. Especially since they had left me to tell Bobby everything by myself.  It had to be one the hardest things I had ever done. Bobby had just about exploded when I told him I wasn't human.

He called John every name in the book, claiming that John had knew this and refused to tell him. It had taken a awhile for his anger to calm down. Once he had calmed himself, he went and locked himself in his study. He had sworn to me, he would find out as much as he could about why I was who I was.

Now, the boys had gotten back from another case and we were out eating breakfast. Sam was busying himself looking for another case while Dean was..well, Dean was being Dean. I sighed.

"Oh, c'mon, Ellz, live a lil." Dean said.

"Ha, life is such a big party." I mutter, sarcastically.

"Seriously, what's up with you?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just a bit annoyed."

"About?" Sam asked, not looking up from his laptop.