See you Later

For a while, all I could do was stare at the wall. My head was swirling with this new information. A year? That's all I had left with him? They couldn't have given him a little longer? My heart tightened as I found it hard to breathe.

I hunched over as I let out shallow breaths. I felt Dean's rubbing my back as he called for me, worry in his voice. I didn't answer. I was still too stunned. Dean was going to die in a year. What the hell was I supposed to do? Just smile and laugh as if it were nothing!

Before I knew it, tears were leaking from my eyes once again. Turning, I buried my face in Dean's chest as I let the tears out. Dean wrapped his arms tightly around my waist as my sobs grew louder and more violent. This man, the love of my life, was going to die and there was nothing I could do about.

My vision blurred as I tried to wipe the tears away. Crying couldn't help me. These demons were going to take Dean from me and I was powerless to stop them.

Powerless?

The memory from earlier when I had flown Bobby out of my room came to mind causing me to jolt up in realization. That was it! How could I be so stupid as to forget? I wasn't completely human myself. I was also half demon.

"Ellz?" Dean's voice broke through my train of thought.

"Yeah?" I muttered, avoiding his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know, Dean."

"What do you want me to say?" Dean asked, his voice begging for forgiveness.

"What can you say? In a year you'll be dead and there's nothing we can do about it." Yet, I thought to myself.

Silence met my statement and i knew then that it was over. I felt the bed shift as Dean got up. Shortly after, the sound of my door shutting was heard. I was left alone in my own sorrows and self pity. Thoughts formed in my head as I complemented getting help from the one person I never thought I'd need help from.

Knowing it was best to keep these plans to myself, I slowly got up. If i was going to search for Azazel, I would have to leave the Winchesters and Bobby. There was no way in Hell they would allow me to do this. If they had know, I had no doubt in my mind that Dean would have me locked up in Bobby's panic room.

I quickly composed my face as I headed for the study room. Stopping at the door way, I watched as Bobby, Ellen, and the boys looked over some papers they had. Ellen was the first to notice me. She gave me a faint smile before turning back to the papers at hand.

I didn't pay much attention to what they were saying. My thoughts were too consumed with figuring a way to disappear without anyone noticing.

"Ells?" Sam's worried voice filled my mind.

"Yea?" I asked, snapping my head to face him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little tired. So what's the plan?" I asked, motioning to the papers on the desk.

"Well, we're heading out. You stay here." Dean said, cutting off whatever Sam was going to say.

And for the first time, I was actually relieved that he had said it. If they had all left, it would so much easier to leave.

Nodding my head to Dean, I saw Sam and Bobby look at me in confusion. They all knew how I felt about having to stay back from all the action so it must have surprised them that I agreed with Dean. I just shook my head and waited for them to head off.

The sooner they were gone, the sooner I could get a hold of Azazel. I was going to do anything in my power to stop Dean from going to Hell, even if it meant having to sell my humanity in the process. Dean was mine, the devil couldn't have him.

A hand waving in front of my face, causing me to come back to reality. I looked into the eyes of Sam and gave him a sheepish smile. He sighed as he handed me a paper. Looking down at it, I felt confusion fill me.

What the heck was this?

Examining the paper, I felt a tingling sensation in the back of my mind. I groaned as I tried to shake off the feeling. Whatever this paper was, it was trying to send me a message. And I didn't like it.

"What is this?" I mumbled to Sam.

"It's where were going to be at. If we're not back, by tomorrow morning, come look for us."

I felt my stomach churn at Sam's words. This was the first time anyone had ever told me that. Looking up at Sam's determined face, I felt tears well up in my eyes. No matter how much I know I'm doing the right thing, I was still scared.

What if this really was the last time I ever saw them again? What if Sam or Dean didn't make it back this time? I had already lost Sam once and now I was on the verge of losing Dean. Could I really afford to lose them again?

Abruptly, I threw myself into Sam's arms and held him tightly. I could feel my body shake as I attempted to hold back my sobs. After a while, I let Sam go and turned to face Bobby and Ellen. They both gave me a half hearted smile and pulled me into their warm embrace.

By now, my tears had already began to spill. I felt Bobby give me a tight squeeze and a kiss upon my head. He whispered soothing words, though we both knew they were only empty promises. Gently releasing them, I took a step back. Sam, Bobby, and Ellen gave me a slight wave as they all left the room.

I took in a deep breath as I turned to face Dean. His face looked torn between regret and sorrow. Before I could say anything, he had pulled me into a bone crushing hug. My arms automatically wrapped around his neck as I buried my face into his chest.

"I love you so much, Ellie." Dean whispered into my ear.

"I know."

"No, I mean it. I love you. I'm so sorry."

Biting back a sob, I grabbed hold of Dean's face in my hands. I pressed my lips against his and almost melted in his arms. Not wanting to prolong anything else, I gently pulled back. "I love you too, Dean. And I promise you I won't let them have you."

Dean looked at me in confusion as I pulled back from him. I gave me a small smile as Sam and Bobby started to call out for him. After one last, longing look, Dean turned around and left. And the minute I heard the door click against the frame, I was gone too.

________________________________

Finally! I didn't think it was going to take me so dang long to upload this story again!

Well, if you hadn't noticed I had a really bad case of writer's block. I'm hoping to get out of this rut so I can keep updating this story, but honestly, I think this story might be coming to an end soon.

Well, be sure to comment/vote/fan if you like!