Chapter Twenty Nine

After sending the text to Ricky saying that she couldn't make it, she got ready and headed out the door to meet Connor at the park.

Once she made her way over there, she saw Connor sitting on a park bench with his head hanging low.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nini asked as she sat down next to him.

He jolted his head up when he heard her voice as he didn't hear her walk over, "oh, Nini, you're here, thanks for coming."

"Yea, it's no problem," she smiled, "is there something going on?"

He let out a sigh, "ok so you know how we just started hanging out all the time all of a sudden? Which speaking of, I know you were just kind of using me as a rebound with Ricky."

Nini was taken aback at his words. She couldn't deny that it wasn't true, but she never thought about it in that way.

"I wasn't-"

"It's okay Nini," he laughed, "I've also kind of been using you?"

"What? What do you mean?"

He took a breath, "Okay, so you know Sam, the girl in our chemistry class?"

"Yes?"

"I kind of have a thing for her but I thought she wasn't interested in me, so I thought maybe if I got her jealous- by hanging out with you- she would find out that she had feelings for me," he smirked.

"Huh," Nini said and took a minute to process the information, "so, why are you telling me this?"

"Well, two reasons. One, she kind of told me she had feelings for me earlier today but she didn't want to do anything cause she thought we were together- which I told her we weren't, and now we have a date!" he exclaimed, "then I thought about you and I felt bad that I never really told you anything."

"Okay... and the other reason?" she asked.

"The other reason is that I know I am literally the only person stopping you from dating Ricky even though that really isn't my intention and everything is just really badly timed," he rambled.

"Hey, take a breath," Nini laughed, "Yea, everything is just really badly timed- I'm supposed to be at his house right now."

"Fuck, really? Why didn't you tell me, we could've done this another time," Connor said.

"Bitch, you said it was urgent, what do you mean?" She replied.

"Umm...oops? I guess I was just freaking out cause of Sam and then everything made me feel so guilty."

"It's okay, I'm sure Ricky won't mind I cancelled to hang out with you," she smiled.

"I highly doubt that, but whatever you say," he laughed, "but you guys better get together cause y'all are actually really cute and I see how happy you guys are when you're hanging out."

A blush rose to Nini's cheeks, "Yea- wait, what do you mean 'get together'?"

"Neens, any person can see how much you guys like each other, I'm surprised you guys aren't dating yet."

Her face got even more red out of embarrassment and she started laughing nervously, "Please, I doubt he likes me, this morning I swear he was mad at me."

"Oh shit, I think that's my fault," Connor said, thinking back to his post where she was leaning on his arm, "Remember my post? Maybe he got jealous."

"You think?"

"That would probably be the only explanation."

"Oh."

The two stayed quiet for a couple minutes to help process everything that was happening.

"Hey, sorry again about Sam, I just really like her and I couldn't bring myself to talk to her."

"It's fine," Nini chuckled, "I guess now we don't have anything in our way with getting together with them."

"Yea, see this could be beneficial," he said matter of factly.

She laughed, "shut up."

Nini and Connor kept talking about how they were oblivious to Ricky and Sam's feelings towards them when Nini kept feeling her phone buzz in her pocket

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Nini and Connor kept talking about how they were oblivious to Ricky and Sam's feelings towards them when Nini kept feeling her phone buzz in her pocket.

After ignoring it for a couple minutes because she didn't want to be rude, she started to get annoyed and checked anyway.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Oh shit," Nini mumbled

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Oh shit," Nini mumbled.

𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙚 [𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝙖𝙪]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें