Chapter Twenty Two - Part Two

Continuation of the instagram posts:

+

+

Ricky ran down the stairs and towards the front door, the second he heard a knock

Ricky ran down the stairs and towards the front door, the second he heard a knock. He opened the door to see a brunette, holding up a fist as if she was going to knock again.

"Damn Bowen, new record," she said, walking into the house, "this time it only took one knock for you to come running down."

"Well, what can I say, I'm a fast runner and a good listener." He said, matter of factly.

"So, where's Spence?" The girl asked.

"Oh um, I'm not sure, let me go check his room," Ricky said, leaving to go upstairs.

When he left, Nini went to get a glass of water from the kitchen when she saw a note on the fridge.

Ricky,

Jenn and I took Spencer out, remember to text Nini and tell her she doesn't have to come.

Dad

"Hey uh- I don't think Spence is-" he stopped talking when he saw the girl with the note in her hand and a smirk on her face.

"What is this Bowen?" She asked, with a joking tone to her voice.

"Uhh- oops?" He didn't know what to say, he thought that he hid the note before she came over. "Well, since you're already here, want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure," she chuckled as she shook her head, walking over to the living room.

After the movie ended, they only now realized how they were sitting. They were both sitting on the couch, facing the tv with Ricky's arm around the girl and her head rested on his shoulder. But the two were comfortable in their position, so they didn't move.

"Hey, so uhh, what did you mean by your post?" Ricky hesitantly asked, looking at the girl.

"What post?" She questioned, confused.

"The one where you said something about Joe Goldberg being your best friend," he replied, to which she started laughing uncontrollably.

"Oh yea. That."

He moved slightly, making the girl lift her head to look at him. He had a puzzled look on his face while the girl smiled back.

"Geez Bowen, breathe," she laughed again and placed her head back on his shoulder. "It's nothing I guess, it's just cause when I first started seeing you around you were always staring at me and my friends would not shut up about it."

"Oh, you saw that?" He lifted his hand and rubbed the back of his neck.

Nini lifted her head again to look at the boy who she sensed was now uncomfortable. She saw that his face has a tint of red, showing that he was embarrassed.

"Bowen, are you good? If this is about the Joe Goldberg thing, I'm totally over it. I'm just glad you didn't turn out to be some psycho stalker- killer." She said, grabbing his hand.

"Not gonna lie, I thought I was being really slick," he chuckled. "But I guess I should've known by the amount of times Ej told me to stop staring."

"Aww, Bowen, you're so cute when you're scared," she smiled, but then immediately realized what she said, and her smile dropped. "I mean-"

"You think I'm cute panini?" He mocked.

"Shut up, I meant-"

"It's okay, I know I am very attractive."

She groaned at the boy, "why are we friends?"

"Cause you love me," he smiled.

She rolled her eyes and checked her phone to look at the time. "I should go, it's getting late." She said, standing up from the couch.

"You're going to leave me alone? In this house? What if someone breaks in, or is already in? Or what if-"

The front door opened revealing Mike, Jenn and Spencer, who walked into the house.

Nini laughed at the irony and turned from the front door to the boy sitting on the couch with a defeated look on his face, "now you won't be alone."

"Nini!" Spencer yelled when he saw her.

"Nini? What are you doing here? We told Ricky to text you and cancel." Mike said.

"Oh uh," she looked between the boy and the boy's father. "I just came to watch a movie with Ricky, but it's over now so I should get going."

"No, stay!" Spencer yelled.

"Cmon honey, it's time for bed, let's go," Jenn said to Spencer while picking him up so he couldn't run away.

Nini laughed again at the sight of the boy refusing to get ready for bed.

"Well, bye Bowen," she said to Ricky, "I'll see you in a couple days!"

"You should still stay, what if I die on the flight, or the plane crashes? This could be the last time you ever see me," he slightly begged.

"Bowen shut up, you're going to be fine." She replied before going in for a hug. "For real, have a safe flight and please don't die," she spoke into his ear.

"Yes ma'am," Ricky replied, pulling away from the hug, "Bye."

"Bye, have fun in Chicago," she walked out the front door and made her way back home.