Chapter Three

Ricky picks Annie up from her house and takes her to the cafe where they would spend their dates at. Annie couldn't help but notice that throughout the whole car ride there, Ricky remained quiet, but she decided to ignore it and go on her phone instead.

The two teenagers sit at the their table and all the nerves Ricky was trying to push away, came running back into his system. He couldn't help the feeling building up inside of him and without being able to control it, his right leg starts bouncing up and down.

"Hey, babe, are you okay?" Annie asks, sensing that he was tense.

"Huh?" He replies, causing the girl to point to his leg. "Oh, yea- yea, I'm fine." He says, forcing his leg to stop bouncing.

"Are you sure? You seem a litt-"

"I'm moving back to Salt Lake!" He blurts out, interrupting her as he closes his eyes so he doesn't have to face this reality.

The two sit in silence for what seems like forever, until he finally opens his eyes slowly, revealing his girlfriend staring at him blankly.

"You're...moving?" She asks, taking in the news, to which he nods. "When? Why?" She felt a rush of different emotions and millions of questions forming in her head, but that was all that could come out.

The curly headed boy lets out a shaky breath that he didn't know he was holding, "in a month," he answers the first question, but pauses to take another breath, "my mom and dad apparently spoke on the phone and they want me to spend my senior year with him and his family in Salt Lake," he explains.

"Wow, his family!" She repeats, leaving a tone of fake excitement, "you'll finally get to meet your brother, Spencer, was it?"

"Yeah," he smiled at the thought of his little brother. He's only ever seen one picture of him, but he could tell that he was much like him when he was younger.

"Well, what does this mean for us? I mean, I don't want us to end, but long distance doesn't usually work," Annie says, looking down at her hands sitting in front of her.

Ricky lets out another breath, "Annie, you know I love you. So much. But you're right, long distance is hard, so many we should," he takes a long pause before continuing, "break it off," he finishes, making it sound almost like a question.

The girl in front of him takes a while to process what she had just heard, "yea...maybe," she says, "but ill always be here for you, I'll always be your friend," she continues.

"And I'll always be yours," Ricky replies, getting up to hug her as a wide smile forms on both of their faces. "Hey! I still have a month left, why don't we call Red and hang out, just the three of us," he suggests.

"I would love that...Richard," Annie replies, laughing a little at the name, causing the boy to roll his eyes.