Chapter Ten

Ricky was nervous the whole day as it was his first day at his new school. He wondered if he would be sitting by himself in all his classes and if he would even make friends.

But, so far it went smoothly. He had his first couple classes and talked to a few people who were very welcoming.

It was now lunch and Ricky was standing in front of his locker, putting his books away. He didn't know what he was going to be doing for the next half hour while classes were out.

Was he going to go into the cafeteria and look for an empty seat only to be pushed away by someone saying "you're in my seat,"? Although that was the worst case scenario, he settled on just staying next to his locker on his phone, maybe even texting Red.

As he was deep in thought, he felt someone walk past and bump into him.

"Sorry!" She yelled quickly, not even bothering to turn around.

Ricky watched as she turned at the corner at the end of the hallway. It was her. Again.

He stood there waiting for the slim chance that she was going to turn around and walk past him again. But instead, another girl appeared.

She was wearing a black leather jacket, unzipped with a white shirt underneath, and blue high waisted jeans.

The two made eye contact and Ricky felt weird just staring at her, until she spoke.

"Ricky?" She asked the boy, his face turning into shock and then confusion. "Ricky Bowen?"

He was stunned, how did she know him. Was he expected to know her? "Do I know you?" He asked, looking back and forth between the curly haired girl and the hallway behind him, as if there was going to be another person named Ricky Bowen.

"Oh my god, it is you! I'd know that curly brown hair anywhere," she said, approaching his locker. "It's me, Gina, remember? We were best friends in kindergarten?"

"Oh right! Gina, oh my god, how are you?" He asked, feeling a sense of comfort knowing that he already has a friend.

"I'm good! You remember Ej? The idiot that used to dig holes in the ground like a dog?" He nodded, " yea, I'm dating that idiot now," she laughed.

"Really? Man, I haven't thought about kindergarten in so long. We had some fun times."

"Yea. Hey, I'm going to go see Ej right now, you should come!"

With that, the two of them went to the cafeteria and ate lunch with Ej. Catching up on all the time they have missed.

After school, Ricky went home and almost immediately hopped onto a video chat call with his two friends from back home.

"Hey Rick, how was your first day of school?" Red asked, propping up his phone.

"Yea, did you sit alone at lunch like you thought you were going to?" Annie asked.

"It was actually good, I saw my two best friends from kindergarten, I think I've told you about them - Ej and Gina? Anyway, I sat with them at lunch and we caught up." Ricky filled them in.

"Oh no, Annie, we've already been replaced," Red said, feigning worry to his voice.

"Are we not good enough Richard?" The girl played along, faking tears.

"Shut up, you guys are so dramatic," RIcky laughed, "you guys know I would never replace you. But it was nice catching up with them."

"At least you have someone to talk to, Annie left me for Sydney in the class we have together and at lunch. So now I sit alone." The red head rolled his eyes.

"I did not leave you Redonovich, I just made new friends. Plus, you have Rico so stop over exaggerating, geez."

Ricky laughed at his two friends, "I miss hearing you guys bicker in person." He said.

The three friends talked for the next hour before they hung up. Ricky spent the rest of his day in his room, only going downstairs for dinner. He just couldn't get the thought of the girl out of his head.