Chapter Five

IN RICKY'S DREAM:

As per usual, this dream started the exact same as all the other ones: Ricky walks up to a diner and sits at the table he normally sits at, waiting for the same girl to arrive.

He hears the bell, indicating that she has arrived. He watches as she looks at him, smiles, and sits down across from him. He felt happy again in her presence, he felt whole.

"Hi, how was your day?" The dream girl asks, a smile painted on her face.

"It was one of the best days I've ever had," the teenage boy responds, thinking back to just a couple hours before when he was with his best friends. "I spent the day with Annie and Red, and we went to all our favourite places."

"Oooh," the brunette coos, "that sounds so fun!"

"Yea, it really was," his smile drops at the sad reality he was going to have to face, "But, when I wake up, I have to go to Salt Lake City, and be in a whole new environment."

"Well," the girl starts, "look on the bright side, you might get to see your old best friends and reconnect with your dad! You even get to meet your younger brother. He's three now, yea?"

"Yea. But I'm nervous, what if they don't like me. What if they take one look at me and decide that they have made the wrong decision. I would have to come back here, which I wouldn't mind, but having the thought of my dad regretting wanting to see me...I can't live with that."

The brunette lets out a breath and reaches for the boy's hand in front of her, "I'm sure they'll love you Ricky," she comforts him, "you're...tolerable."

Ricky gives her a look making her laugh in response. He lets his shoulders drop and lets out a sigh, "hopefully, but the suspense is killing me."

The girl laughs, to which RIcky joins in as well, "well, since you have to sit in the plane for a couple hours, why not watch a movie to help you relax. Might i suggest the BEST disney channel original movie of all time, camp rock," she recommends, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Um, no way. Lemonade mouth is where it's at," he says, feigning a look of offence.

The two fall into a pit of laughter, followed by a comfortable silence.

"You'll do great in Salt Lake, Ricky."

"Thank you..." he starts, "oh man, what is your name?"

"Oh Ricky, I've told you so many times," the girl says, shaking her head, "my name is..."

"RICKY, RICKY, RICKY"

All of a sudden, he was woken up by his mom, shouting from the kitchen downstairs.

"HONEY, YOU'RE GOING TO MISS YOUR FLIGHT. GET UP."

The teenage boy grunts, and flips over so his face was now buried into the pillow that was next to him.

After a few minutes had gone by, he managed to lift himself out of bed and into the bathroom. He looks into the mirror and stares at himself, "This is it, I'm really going. And my life is going to change forever."