Chapter Twenty Three

As Ricky got off the plane in Chicago, he felt his phone buzz in the back of his pocket

As Ricky got off the plane in Chicago, he felt his phone buzz in the back of his pocket. He quickly checked to see who it was from, and saw that it was a text from Nini.

Hey! Text me when you land, miss you already!

His heart warmed at the text message he read, and he quickly sent a text back.

Just landed. Going to find Red rn, miss you too panini!

As soon as he hit send, he put his phone back into his pocket and looked around the airport for his red headed friend. As soon as he spotted him in the crowd of people, he yelled across the airport to get his attention.

"Red! Oh my god! How you been?" He asked, approaching his best friend.

"I'm good! Can you please tell Annie to stop ignoring me?" He said, hugging the curly headed boy.

"Red, shut up," said the short girl who was following closely behind Red. "Hi Richard, long time no see." She hugged him after Red backed away.

"I missed you guys," Ricky laughed. "Annie, I didn't know you were picking me up too."

"Yea, Red practically begged me to come. I literally don't understand how you've been friends with this guy for so long, like all he does is talk and talk and ta-"

"Says you. You can't stop talking right now!"

"Aww, it's like I never left," Ricky smiled. "It's good to be home."

"Okay, let's go. You have to tell us all about Salt Lake and that Nini girl you're obsessed with," Annie said to the boy.

"What? I am not obsessed with her," Ricky replied, looking back and forth between her and Red.

"Rick, you're obsessed, have you seen your rant?" Red responded.

"Oh yea, since you're done hiding her, you have to add me to that." Annie said with a cheeky smile.

"Okay, okay, let's go." Ricky rolled his eyes.

+

A look into Ricky's weekend: