13) stories made to forget

"Tell me a story."

"Pandora's box or Zeus's soulmates?"

"Soulmates."

"When Zeus made man he created them with two heads, four arms and four legs. He thought they'd be too powerful and split them into two. So now man only had one head two arms and two legs and had to find thier other half."

Murdoc sat up. "Out of something odd seven billion people how do you expect to find your soulmate?"

"I dunno. Maybe your heart just decides for you, maybe it's like Zeus is telling you, that's the one."

"I don't believe in that butterfly in the belly crap, my mom said when you find the right one you won't feel a thing but peace and content. The person that makes you feel like you've been hit by a truck is the wrong one."

2d pondered it and smiled at him. "How do you feel around me?"

Murdoc looked at him for a second before answering. "Whole, like the piece that's been missing my entire life is here." His lower lip jutted out feeling embarrassed at the insinuation that 2d was his soul mate.

2d leaned up and kissed him. "Good, I feel the same."

Murdoc bereved a small smile back. He felt like the grinch when his heart grew three sizes. He thought about the word and whispered it as 2d pulled away and curled up underneath the blanket: love burst.

He had love bursts every time he looked at 2d and saw how beautiful he was , every little thing made him fall even harder for him.

It hurt and he didn't want to, desperately didn't want to but he knew it was happening. He looked away as the thoughts swirled around in his head.

He started to quietly cry and got off the bed and shut himself in bathroom to let it out without waking 2d. Every single thing he did to 2d assaulted his head and ripped little sobs out of him. He put his head in his hands as the tears fell at a relentless pace.

He could hear a rustle of fabric on the other side of the door and shot to his feet turning the tap on and scrubbing his face with the water. 2d opened the door. "You ok?"
"Yeah."
"Ok, come lay down when you're done." He smiled at him and shut the door. Murdoc stared at the water as it swirled around and shut it off he dried his hands and face and left the bathroom. He climbed into bed next to 2d who grabbed him and pulled him into a securing hug. "Dont leave me. " he mumbled into his hair.
"I won't." He choked out. Maybe he knew his exact thoughts and what was going on in his head. Maybe he understood more than he realized.
2d looked down with love in his eyes and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "I'm serious. Don't."
"I promise." Murdoc replied crackly.
"Good."

They fell asleep in a loose embrace.