1)rainy nights

The sound of water and the hellish moans of the whale filled the room, the sterile clinical smell invaded his nostrils. He couldn't breathe.

The moans got closer , they were so close. He heart thudded like it was going to jump right out of his chest and into the mouth of the beast.

Water gushed and swarmed around his feet, rising at a rapid pace. He looked around the room and shrieked at the sight of the cold desolate eye staring at him through the port hole.

The water at his neck, the smell became sickening.
He couldn't breathe.

He woke with a start, panting and covered in cold sweat, sheets twisted around his body nearly choking him.

It was a dream. It was all just a dream. He unwound himself in attempt to compose his bearings.

Wind screamed outside, rain pelted the roof. A lone spot in the ceiling dripping and looked as if it was going to cave in. He got up to find a bucket and something to drink to calm his nerves.

A tv blared from a room in the hallway. Noodle probably. He inched her door open. The girl was asleep with the screen glowing and the on screen characters shooting guns at each other yelling.

He creeped over and lowered the volume. He didn't shut it off incase she woke up and got scared from the dark. He wouldn't blame her. He was scared of the dark too, in his mind and in real life.

He strode past Russell's room as the hairs on his neck stood up and sent chills down his back.

He stumbled down the stairs and was hit with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. He breathed slowly, adjusting himself to the smell. Yuck.

Murdoc lay on the couch conked out, snoring loudly. Drunk. Again. No surprise there, he was almost always drunk. The only time he wasn't drunk he was high or rarely, if ever, sober.

Yet the man slept like a cat, any small noise could wake him, 2d inched his way around the the floorboards that creaked to the kitchen sink, in search of the scratched and banged up red bucket and a mug to make some tea.
He hummed triumphantly when the bucket was found from under the sink, saving him from going out into the storm.
The mug almost slipped out of his fingers as he pulled it down from the shelf. Who in the hell put it up all the way up here. Oh. He did. Maybe it would be smarter to not put it so far back. He put some water into the mug and put it in microwave. Just to be safe. The kettle would probably wake Murdoc. He put it in for three minutes and searched for chamomile tea to help him back to sleep. Peppermint was usually for the day.

He opened the microwave door before it beeped and like a fool grabbed the mug while it was still steaming hot. He yelped as it spilled over him. He breathed quickly and fanned at himself, hopping foot to foot, unaware how loud he was being then rushed over to the paper towels patting at the water. His skin burned so bad. More paper towels he soaked them in cold water and lifted his shirt and applied them. A creak behind him. He eyes watered as he turned around. He could only make out a dark figure then his eyes focused. Murdoc. Oh fuck.

He huffed, "What the hell are you doing faceache? Its 3 in the morning."
2d's skin hurt so much he just wanted to tell him to screw off but mumbled "Couldn't sleep." Murdoc's features softened a bit "Nightmare?" He nodded. He probably saw the water and and the discomfort on 2d's face because he slowly approached him and got a wet cool cloth to apply to him. It scared 2d. He was never this nice. Usually he would yell at him to suck it up and go back to sleep.

2d looked at him as he turned to get ice cubes, was that sadness on his face? It looked laced with worry and hurt. Maybe he wasn't sleeping well either. Plastic beach messed them all up. Well pretty much everything did.

Especially for 2d, that bastard bass player destroyed his life but he still put faith into him. Curse his tender heart. Murdoc returned with the ice wrapped in the rag and pressed gently onto the reddened skin until it was cold and began to hurt a bit.
2d moved away. "Thanks." He didn't reply just went back to the couch and switched the tv on. 2d sighed and went back upstairs to fight sleep once again.