Chapter Twelve

*ALISSA GREEN*

After three weeks in the hospital, Aqua finally got better and she was released from the hospital. As her mother, I was so glad and relieved that my baby is okay. But the other thing that kept on bothering me was Caleb. Ever since that fateful day, he’s been…how should I say this…persistent?

We all went home and I guess they all decided that this will be the best time to talk about our situation.

“How’s my favorite girl?” I heard Shane said and lifted Aqua from her crib.

“Hey put her down…she still needs some rest!” I kind of yelled at him. I can’t help it.

Oh yeah and one more thing, Shane knows about it too and he has been pestering me ever since that day. I don’t know why but I can’t really tell what he is actually thinking about what’s happening now. Sometimes I can sense that he is being serious and then whenever he sees Aqua he will show another side of him. I can’t really predict this guy.

“So now that everyone is here…should we start talking?” Dad said awkwardly.

They all looked at me. “What?”

Shane rolled his eyes. “Duh? You’re the one who hid this problem from everyone. You should try to at least something.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Whatever.” I turned to dad. “How should I know what to do?”

“Well first, I think you should also know something.” Caleb inserted.

What is he thinking now? I thought. All eyes are on him except from Shane who still played with Aqua.

“My father is thinking that we are dating.” He said.

I shut my eyes remembering our situation. “Damn it! I totally forgot about that.”

“What do you mean? You guys are having a secret…”

I blocked my mom before she could say anything that can make other misunderstand. “It’s what you think mom.” I said and told them everything about Tracie’s engagement and how Caleb and I ended up having a fake relationship.

“Oh.” Dad commented. He was totally lost.

The door bell rang, Tracie and my brother Eric came.

“We also have to be in this family meeting right?” Eric said with a disappointed look on his face.

Tracie mouthed sorry at me and her head kept low. I knew that Eric doesn’t like it when people lie to him. Behind his mysterious aura is actually a scary guy when someone lies to him. So I’m quite nervous too.

“What are your plans?” Eric said directing the question to Caleb.

“If it’s me then I would take responsibility.” Caleb answered firmly.

“What do you mean by that responsibility?” Mom asked.

“Are you going to marry her?” Eric asked that made me gasped.

“Eric!” I exclaimed.

Caleb took a deep breath. “I think at this point…” He looked at me. “… marriage is not the answer. I can take responsibility financially and also…I want to have my own time with her.”

“Like having a schedule?” Dad said.

“Yes.” Caleb answered shortly but firmly.

“But were just neighbors so you can actually just come here anytime you want.” Mom offered.

“But what about what other people might think? And besides, he’s my teacher remember?” I said. “Do you think it will be strange if people see him coming here anytime he wants?”