Chapter Three

Chapter 3

*ALISSA GREEN*

“Pa…pa.” My heart skipped a beat when I heard Aqua said the word. She was reaching her hands towards Caleb.

Rob and Caleb looked at each other, to me, then to Aqua. I immediately made her look my way.

Caleb frowned. “Why are you here?” He said.

“Well she was just…”

“I was just working here…yeah…working….” I cut off Rob and gave him a pleading look. He gave me a stare and then he nodded meaning that he understands.

“You guys…know each other?” Rob asked.

“She’s…she’s my student.” Caleb answered.

“Wow…small world huh?”

“Yeah…” Caleb said awkwardly.

“Well then… Ali, can you please take care of the baby inside as we talk here.” Rob ordered with more meaning to his words. I know he wants some explanation.

“Y-yes.” I said and left them alone.

Before I entered the room I heard Caleb hissed and then said “He’s coming”. I watched them from the distance. Oh please don’t tell him anything about me. After some minutes they finished talking but Caleb went in instead of driving away.

I swallowed a lump. Please just go home. I silently prayed, but I failed. “Miss Green let me take you home.” Caleb said.

“Oh…thanks Mr. Daniels but I still have some work to do.” I lied.

“We still have to close, Cal, don’t worry, I will take your student safe and sound.” Rob said and put his arms around my shoulder.

“Yeah…and I can take care of myself.” I said and tried to give him a smile.

He didn’t say anything at first but just gave me a weird look. I keep on saying to myself to breathe as his stare gives me this inability to do so.

“Fine…I’ll just go ahead then. Don’t forget to study.” He said sternly and then left.

The moment that I didn’t see his car was the moment for me to exhale.

“That was close.” I muttered.

Someone cleared a throat. Rob tapping his fingers in his crossed arms across his chest. “I think I deserve an explanation.” He said.

I nervously gulped. “Well… I … I just don’t like someone from school to know about me having a baby, especially a teacher.” I partly lied hoping that he would buy it.

“Well…if that’s your decision then I respect it.” He said and gave me a smile.

“Thank you so much Rob, you don’t know how important to me this is.” I said truthfully.

“Anytime.” He said and patted my head like I am some child.

“Uh…my hair.” I jokingly said and we both chuckled.

I went home and I am very thankful that Rob didn’t pry about it. And thankgoodness that he didn’t notice our awkwardness. But I wonder, he dismissed us early because of some emergency…and then he went to Rob’s place. Well, whatever it is, it’s none of my business.

As Aqua slept, I braced myself as I prepare myself to study Math. Bunch of formulas,,, Urgh! Why do we have to study all of this when a simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and subtraction is all the we need. I sighed as I indulged myself in. After two hours it’s now 10 pm….i am mentally exhausted and I still don’t get it. Of all the subjects, why can’t it just get into my head, why?!!!