Chapter nine

Chapter 9

*Alissa Green*

It has been almost an hour since the party begun and It felt like it has been going on for years…I am literally exhausted by strange people greeting me and Caleb like we were getting married. Now I know how influencial his family is especially his father. Even the politician who came greeted us and some people congratulated me for being part of the family. I was like ‘Whaaattt are this people talking about?’

Finally, Caleb dragged me out in their balcony and shut the curtains so that no one…for the mean time will find us. He made a loud sigh as I leaned on the railings.

“That was very tiring.” I said.

He sighed again. “Now you know who you messed up with huh?”

I rolled my eyes. “Are you going to scold me now? I know it was my stupid mistake but it already happened okay?”

“That’s not what I meant. My father…he… I am sorry.” He went closer to me and leant on the railings too.

“What for?”

He lowered his gaze looking down at the floor but seems like seeing nothing. “He’s doing this on purpose. Somehow he found a way to bring me back.”

I grimaced. “What do you mean by bringing you back?”

He exhaled. “I… as you noticed, my dad…our family is somewhat famous…”

I cut him off. “Super famous not just somewhat.”

He rolled his eyes a little and then made a little smile. “Fine.  My family is super famous. But I didn’t like it. My father has been very stern and strict when it comes to decision makings. We have to do this and that. We have to very good in everything we do so that people will look up to us. It became very tiring for me growing up to meet the expectation of my father and even the expectations of the people I don’t really know.”

“Wow…I thought that kind of stuff only happens on TV.” I said trying to be humorous. He just looked at me plainly so I guess I failed.

“One day I told him that I don’t want to be in business and I just want to be a teacher…”

“Let me guess. He got mad?” I added.

He smirked. “He’s face was like in the cartoons, blowing fire through his nose. He was so red; I thought he was going to have a heart attack.  He told me that if I’m going to pursue on my foolishness, he was going to let Shane take all of his inheritance and that he would cut me out in our family.”

“He’d do that?”

“At first I was afraid, but the pressure is choking me. It was like I’m dying while I am still alive. So I left.”

I gasped a little. “You left?”

He stood straight. “Yup. The only thing I brought was some money that I saved up, some clothes and my precious motorcycle which you painted pink.”

I gulped when I remember that. “Sorry.”

“You should be.”

“Well, what made you go back here?”

“You.”

My eyes went wide open. “What? Why me?”

He snorted like I asked some obvious question. “I can’t just let him ruin you Als…I know my dad, and what you did back there was pretty much of an insult to his pride and his name. People talked about it like it was some gossip news about celebrities.