Chapter six

Chapter 6

*ALISSA GREEN*

I heard my bone crack when I stretched out while waking up. I found out that my whole body hurts a lot. This is clearly the result of what happened last night. Damn. I took Aqua and we both went downstairs, everyone seemed pretty….busy.

“Morning?” I said as I paced through the kitchen. It seemed like they didn’t even notice when we came in until I greeted them.

“Oh, hey Als….eat your breakfast.” Mom said and kissed Aqua and me. “I’m going.”

“What? It’s still way to early mom.”

“We have to prepare for the PTA meeting.” She said and rushed off.

“Hey guys and bye guys….see yah later.” Dad said, gave us a kiss and Aqua giggled when she felt my dad’s growing beard.

“You have to shave dad.” I said smiling at him.

“Yup, maybe later.” He touched his chin looking like he’s thinking. “But I have to go now, I have a patient to attend to…. Brain surgery.” He said and winked.

“Okay…” I said and he dashed off.

“Hey…I have to go see Tracie so you can have the house for the day.” Eric said with a very serious tone on his face.

“This early?” I asked, confused.

“uh-yeah…Don’t know, she sounds troubled when she called me.”

I wrinkled my brow. “What? Is she alright?”

He raised his eyebrow. “That’s why I’m going to see her, to know if she’s alright.” He said.

“Fine, geez.” I said as I poured some oatmeal for Aqua.

Eric bid goodbye and it’s just Aqua and me now. It’s Saturday and it just us. I smiled when I saw Aqua’s angelic face while trying to eat her food on her own.

“Hey little girl….what do you want to do today?”

“Play!” She said excitingly.

“Play? Okay…mommy will play with little Aqua.”

We finished eating and I put Aqua in her crib as I do the dishes. Some minutes later, when we were already watching DORA THE EXPLORER, someone knocked on the door. I stood up and checked who could it be this early in the morning.

“What bad air has brought you here?” I immediately said when I saw Shane.

He smirked; like his brother, but Caleb has more charm in it…I shook my head when I realized what I was thinking.

“Well…” He peeked inside our house. “I would like to hang out with you today.” He said grinning.

I raised my brows. “What? No way and besides I still have….” I was about to make an excuse when I head Aqua screamed.

I rushed in and found out that she got scared when Swiper the sneaky fox appeared. My heart literally skipped and felt a relief when I saw that’s fine.

“Your daughter?”

I quickly turned behind me. “N-no…she was…”

“Don’t lie to me. It’s pretty obvious.” Shane said as he casually sits on our couch and picked up Aqua’s snacks. “Baby food is still the best.” He said.

“Swiper!” It startled me when Aqua yelled at Shane. Then she giggled.

“Oh you thought I’m Swiper? No way…I’m much more good looking that him.” He argued with a 1 year old and a half baby.