Chapter ten

♣ALISSA GREEN♣

~RECAP~

I was invited in a party by Peter (Caleb’s dad) and of course I have to attend because of the big scandal that I made. Everyone thought that Caleb and I are going out since that fated day where I (the stupid one) thought that he was going to get married to my best friend Tracy who’s going out with my brother for almost two years now. Knowing this, I acted impulsively (of course, Shane has something to do with it, by exaggerating things and not telling the whole story just to make fun of me.) I stopped their engagement party saying that I love Caleb. In the end, it was Shane who was going to be engaged with my best friend.

I did not really know that Caleb’s dad would be this big. One of the pillars of the business world, and I was stupid enough to mess up with him. Now, he wants to know me better, well that’s what I think. But there’s a problem that I am worried about… Aqua. With all his money and power, he can do anything. What if he investigates about me and found out that I have a child at my early age…and worst, he will found out that Aqua is Caleb’s child?

Chapter 10

I woke up and my feet hurt from wearing heels for hours last night at the party. I sat up with my chin above my knees. I remembered last night. The dance, where it felt so magical, we didn’t care what other people are whispering about us and just locked ourselves in our own world. I just hope that moment that if it’s possible, I want the time to freeze and be like that forever. But of w hcourse, like any fairytale, someone or something will stop that fantasy of mne.

I got out of bed and took Aqua. We went out after having breakfast and took her to Rob’s day care.

“Hey.” He greeted me. “It’s weekend so …what are you doing here with Aqua?” he asked.

“Well, everyone is at the hospital right now.”

“What? What happened?” He said with a worried face.

“Well…my brother was found but we found him at the hospital because he overworked himself for her girlfriend.” I tried to summarize what happened but I guess I failed because he got more confused.”

“Ok, I’m confused but I won’t ask.” He took Aqua.” She’ll be safe here. Now go and visit your brother.” he said.

I gave him a smile. “Thanks.”

“Anytime.”

I went to the hospital and saw Tracy.

“Where’s mom?” I asked and sat beside her.

“She went back home to take some rest.”

“He’s still sleeping?”

“The doctor have him some pain killers and that made him sleep again. He said that he needed some more rest and it is better for him to have some sleep.”

I can see that Tracy still troubled of what happened to my brother. She kept on sighing. “Hey…it’s not your fault.”

“Yeah…I keep on saying that to myself but I can’t help it. He did this for me.”

“He did it because he loves you. He wants to prove to your dad that he make you happy, well he just resorted to a not so good method though and he ended up in the hospital.” I said trying to lighten up her mood.

She made a small smile. “Yeah… he did.”

“My brother is still a kid…in a way, you know.  I have always seen him as a mature person, he’s always quite and responsible, seeing him now…I’m kind of proud of him you know.” I said.