A new life

Lucy cringed as she watched Natsu eat his food with fire. "I don't think that's healthy." She muttered, confident that the pinkette was still able to hear her.

Natsu shrugged, "Taste's amazing though." He replied as he continued to gobble his food. 

'Lowkey disgusting.' Lucy thought as she continued to drink her vanilla milkshake. 'Honestly, even a monster has better table manners than him.'

"Oi, Lucy." Gray greeted as he sat down beside the dragon slayer duo. "How's Fairy Tail so far?" He asked.

Brown eyes blinked, "It's... fine, I guess?" She shrugged, not really paying attention to the question.

Not minded by her nonchalant attitude, he laughed. "Don't worry. The guild will grow on you." He said before gesturing to her pink emblem, "The guild's family to us. Pretty sure you'll feel the same way too."

Lucy pursed her lips before setting her action for a nod. "I'll keep that in mind, Gray - san."

"Please, call me Gray. 'Gray - san' feels too old."

"Nah, call him Ice Princess!" Natsu cutted in as he laughed.

Gray huffed, "No one's asking for your opinion, idiot!"

"So? Got a problem with that, Snow Queen?" Natsu stood up, green eyes lit with excitement and defiance.

'Here we go again.' Lucy sighed.

"Obviously I have, flame brain!"

"Oh, yeah? Bring it!"

---

"Ara, Lu - chan! You know this book?!" Levy gushed with excitement before sitting back down, "I can call you 'Lu - chan', right?" She asked the blonde.

Lucy waved at her, "I'm not stopping you from anything, Levy - san. And to answer your question, yes. I've also read the second book that came out last month." She said with a hint of smile; finally, her love for books were matched by someone else!

Levy mentally gave herself a fist pump, 'Yosh! First step in creating a good frienship with Lu - chan, check!' She thought. "Was it as good as the first one?"

Lucy nodded, "Even better. The author really outdid themselves; the last few chapters were mindblowing." She said.

The bluenette gaped, eyes shining like a star, "Heh~ I'm so tempted to buy the second book right now."

"Then go. There's a bookstore near here, right?"

Levy chuckled as she awkwardly rubbed her hand on her neck, "Actually, hehe. I'm kinda short on money right now since I spent my savings on the new Gale glasses."

Lucy blinked, "Really? That's a bummer."

Levy nodded, "Yeah, it is."

"I'll lend you my copy, if you want." Lucy offered with a small smile.

Levy gasped, "Really? Like, really? You would do that for me?".

Lucy nodded with a small shrug, "Just handle it with care. I can bring the book tomorrow." She said. 

"Uwa~ Thank you so much, Lu - chan!"

---

"Yosh, Lucy!" Natsu yelled out, "Let's go on a job! I'm so fired up, I can probably beat a whole squad of bandits!"

Lucy cringed, "Wow, you are one violent person."

Natsu choked, "C'mon, Luce! Work with me! Match up with my energy here! We're partners, aren't we?"

"Since when?"

Natsu choked once more, ego slightly bruised with the blonde's lackadaisical attitude, "We're the Dragon Slayer Duo!"

"Frostdine doesn't really like violence. I doubt she would want me to punch someone in the face." Lucy told him.

"But, Luce! We're a match! Ya know, Fire and Ice?"

"Idiot. Your slightly hotter temperature bothers me everytime, why would I want to be partners with you?".

Natsu laughed, "I don't hear nothing! We're going on a job tomorrow, and that's final!" He grinned at her before he joined another guild brawl.

Lucy eyed the pinkette, 'Fire people are so troublesome and hot - headed.' She thought.

---

Edited: April 10, 2020