XVI. Bubbles

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"Ara~?" Mira wondered as she saw a couple of bubbles pass in front of her. "I wonder who's playing with Bubbles?" She muttered as she gave out a small smile as she continued her journey to the Guild.

It was still early, 6:28 a.m at most, but she wanted to get a head start before the rest of the guild comes in for breakfast. Long silver hair fluttered along the wind as she walked and her hand absent-mindedly searched for the key in her pockets. 

Reaching the Guild, she inserted the small, golden key and twisted it to the right. Entering, Mira gave out a small sigh as she walked along the hall, "Master forgot to ask everyone to clean-up last night." True to her words, the hall was a mess. With most tables turned upside-down and drinks spilled here and there, the Guild Hall looked like a huge brawl happened.

Blue eyes narrowed as she frowned, but she continued to make her way to the kitchen. She can always ask for help in tidying up the hall. 

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"Oiiiiiii!!!" Natsu yelled as he entered the guild with Happy perched on his shoulder.

"Ohayo!"

"Mornin',  Natsu!"

"MAN!"

"Oi,  Natsu! Let's battle!!"

"Nahh,  maybe later!  I'm hungry!" He said as he sat on the stool.

"Fish~~ Fish~~" Happy cheered as he danced on top of the bar table, oblivious to the way Natsu looks at him with an amused smile.

"Hai, hai. Mira, three fishes for Happy and the usual for me!" Natsu announced, just in time for Mira to come out of the Kitchen with a few plates on her arms.

"Coming right up!" Mira yelled as she flashed the duo a bright smile.

Natsu grinned as he turned around to look at the buzzling guild hall.  People have started to go in and out of the Guild with job requests in their hand,  grinning happily as they imagined the loads of money they could get. 

On one corner was Cana,  happily drinking her morning alcohol.  Surrounding the brunette was piles and piles of empty glass bottles.  Beside her was Levy,  smiling as she read a new book given to her by Lucy: Knights of Dawn. 

On another corner was Elfman and Gray.  Both of them were in the middle of an arm wrestling match.  Natsu smirked,  it was already obvious that Elfman would win this one. 

"Clean that up!", a more than familiar voice commanded: Erza's to be exact. 

The pinkette shrudded as he saw the scarlette begin to walk towards him and Happy with a small frown on her face and her brown eyes were narrowed to slits.  'I just got here! ' he thought as he tried to recall any mistake he could and may have done this morning.

Take out the trash?  Nah,  Happy did that.

Clean the house? ...It wasn't that messy yet.

Restock the Fridge?  ...Pretty sure Lucy bought him a month's worth of food. 

Do the Laundry?  ...Lucy did that for him.

Fold his clothes? ...Lucy.

Trim his hair? ...Lucy.

Clean his nails?  Yeah,  Lucy did that. 

Natsu started to sweat as he suddenly felt nervous,  he did all the chores! Okay,  maybe Happy and Lucy did his share...but, at least it's done? 

"Good Morning, Natsu. " Erza greeted.

"Y...yeah? Morning,  Erza. " He replied.

"Have you-"

"---I'm sorry!  I'm so sorry!  I didn't do the chores! Lucy and Happy did it for me!  Yes, I am the most laziest person in the world! I promise that it won't happen again! "

Brown eyes started at him in confusion,  "Pardon?" She asked. 

"What?" He asked in return.

Erza frowned as she rose an elegant brow,  "Why are you apologizing?"

Natsu nervously chuckled,  "Nothing. " 'Phew! '

Erza shrugged, "Have you seen Lucy?" She asked the Pinkette.

"Lucy?"

She nodded.

"No,  why?"

"It's already 9 o'clock, normally she would be here before 8:30." Erza explained as she looked left and right in search of the blonde.

Natsu frowned,  "Maybe Ice Princess saw her? He arrived early today. "

The Scarlette nodded,  "Gray!" She yelled out.

"Oi. " Gray greeted as he walked towards them, miraculously still fully clothed. 

"Have you seen Lucy?" Erza asked.

Gray shook his head,  " 'fraid I haven't."

Natsu tsked, "Let's go and check her house. Maybe she overslept or something."

The two looked at him before nodding,  surely Lucy would be there. 
But,  it was impossible for her to have overslept.  Lucy was OCD to an extent,  always had her alarm clock fifteen mimutes before 7:38 a.m.

"Mira! I'll be back for the food later!!"

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

They gasped as they connected the dots.  The weird vibes she gave out.  The times she wanted everyone to have a get-together.  The times she laughed like it would be the last.

All the gifts she gave,  all the food she spent,  all the snacks she baked,  all the clothes she bought for them. 

Those were her silent parting gifts.

Her silent goodbye.

Her silent farewell.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

The trio ran towards her house,  narrowly dodging civillians and stalls along their way. They huffed as they tried to catch their breath,  but they didn't dare to stop in fear of what they might see. Their hearts pounded,  and they could here it pump so loud that it was driving them insane.

'Just a little more!' They thought as they fastened their pace. 

"Lucy!" Erza gaspes out as she ran. 

"Come on!" Gray muttered in angeras he tried to overtake in front of other people.

'Luce!! ' Natsu grinded his teeth together.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

Pop!  Pop!  Pop!  A little kid smiled as he played with his bubbles,  "Pop goes the Bubble!" He cheered. 

Pop!  Pop!  Bronze eyes narrowed with glee as miniature clock hands turned within his eyes,  "I'm gonna miss Blondie so bad. "

Pop! Pop!

"No matter,  she won't be gone that long. After all,  she is The Queen." He gave out a wide grin,  "And the Queen is needed by her King."

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

A. N:

I am very sorry for the long wait.  And for any errors including grammar and spelling.