VIII: Where's my letter?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail nor it's characters. I only own the plot of this story and any kind of OC.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"Wait, so you didn't what...?" Gray trailed off as he expected a reply from the pink and yellow duo.

"We weren't able to kill every Vulcan." Lucy murmured as she hung her head in shame.

Erza cocked a brow, "Explain."

Natsu sighed, "We killed every vulcan. But we weren't able to kill some because they were in the Mountain range, Ice Princess."

Erza nodded, "Good job. The last thing we need is for us to get the Mayor angry at us."

Lucy sighed in relief, "Good thing I remembered."

Erza looked at Lucy before she patted her head with a soft smile in her face.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"Thank you!!!!" The Mayor practically wailed to the group as he shook his hand with Lucy's.

"Eto, you're squishing my hand..." Lucy sheepishly said as she tried to free her hand.

"Ah!!! I'm Sorry!" Patry said as he let go of Lucy.

Erza smiled as Natsu grinned at the scene, "Anyway, I hope your men will get better." Erza stated as she accepted two sacks of Jewel.

Gray smirked, "And if you need us again, we'll be in Fairy Tail."

Natsu cocked a brow, "Ha! You're getting cocky, Ice Princess!"

"Wanna go?" The Ink haired boy said as he narrowed his eyes.

"Oh, I wanna go!" The Pinkette said as he grinned and pumped his fists.

"Natsu! Gray!" Erza scolded.

"We're infront of the Mayor!" Lucy added as she narrowed at the two.

The boys glanced at each other before they tsked and looked away.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"So, after this?" Lucy asked.

Erza nodded, "After this, let's go armor shopping."

"But, I already have two."

The scarlet haired girl shook her head with a frown, "As a female, one of our weaknesses is having a soft body. Unlike men, we have a softer body than they have, which is rough and sturdy. And having an armor can help us withstand attacks from others."

"But, I have my magic. And my spirits anyway." The Celestial mage said.

"Lucy, your magic can't beat everything. And most certainly, your armor can't last forever." Erza explained.

Lucy sighed, "Fine."

"Oi, Flamebrain's down for the count." Gray called out as he nugged the fallen boy with his foot.

True to his words, Natsu had fallen unconcious and was lying on the ground on his side. His hands still clutching his mouth.

"I feel bad for him." The blonde murmured.

Gray snorted, "Don't be."

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"I think this one is good!" Mira pointed to a Top Armor with blue and gold designs.

Lucy and Erza walked towards her and nodded, "That is a good armor." The Scarlette said as she fingered the armory.

"It's also stylish." Brown eyes lit with amazement at the top armor.